GUE Decoplanner 3 software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
From a WKPP memebers post on TDS

"Deco is planned with Decoplanner

<200 minutes = a modified Buhlmann schedule with settings at 10/100

>200 minutes = a modified VPM schedule"

but that does not necessarily mean that "deco is dived exactly as it comes out of decoplanner" Yes, deco planner may well be the basis of it (and is) but the actual profiles taught in say a tech1 class (well, in mine for sure and many others that I know of) use that as a starting point only.

Thanks, this is great info. I wish there were a trial version of Decoplanner so I could try it out.
A.

AlexMDiver:
Ehm, cheers, but I specifically asked whether decoplanner was the choice for DIR divers or whether they also use other programs: "I would like to know if decoplanner 3.0 is the preferred choice among DIR divers". I also tried to make clear that I am not fixed on anything "just because it is branded DIR" even if it is no good and wanted to know whether perhaps DIR divers prefer other software. But since Decoplanner is made by GUE, aimed at the DIR diver and is central to my question I am surprised you moved the thread.

Thanks to all for your answers so far!

Alex
Hi Alex,

My mistake for mis-reading your original post.

I'll put this thread back into the DIR forum for you to keep it in the realm of DIR answers.

Christian

headhunter:
Hi Alex,

My mistake for mis-reading your original post.

I'll put this thread back into the DIR forum for you to keep it in the realm of DIR answers.

Christian

Could you delete my post then as I haven't been taught DIR deco and therefore wouldn't have written the post in this forum. Thanks.

Headhunter,

That is great. No worries, I got excellent answers anyway.
Thanks,
A.

*Floater*:
Could you delete my post then as I haven't been taught DIR deco and therefore wouldn't have written the post in this forum. Thanks.
Done.

Christian

AlexMDiver:
Headhunter,

That is great. No worries, I got excellent answers anyway.
Thanks,
A.
Maybe now you'll get more answers from the DIR divers, since I've corrected my mistake and put this thread back into a place where they are not fair game when posting a DIR answer.

Christian

AlexMDiver:
Thanks, this is great info. I wish there were a trial version of Decoplanner so I could try it out.
A.

I think why you may experience some reluctance at getting direct answers to your question(s), is that in order to appreciate and understand the "DIR philosophy" respecting deco schedules the diver needs to accept the totality of our strategies. It isn't necessarily as simple as saying go to 200', use a best mix formula and cut tables from such and such deco planner..

Our approach to deco is somewhat more detailed in some respects, but in many other more important respects, much less complicated. As a result of this nuance, we try to avoid discussing decompression strategies via cyber forums since if you don't follow the whole picture, and pick and choose which parts of the puzzle to select someone may very well get hurt.

For example, there are reasons we use standardized gases, in favor of best mix formula's; there are reasons why we use 50% and pure 02 in lieu of 80% and 36%; there are reasons we incorporate deep stops, and at what depths we commence them; there are reasons why we ascend at the rate we ascend..

The above is but a small tip of the iceberg as to why certain issues are best left to a classroom and in-water training and is best not advanced via the internet.

Hope that helps..

Regards

I use Apple computer will Decoplanner work with Apple

I use Apple computer will Decoplanner work with Apple

You can run Windows under full virtualization software like VMware Fusion or Parallels, or you can install crossover (which is the wine emulator under the covers) that will run Decoplanner without needing to buy Windows. You can also dual-boot into Windows as well, with bootcamp.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom