GUE Tech 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D33ps1x,

It isn't what you say so much as how you say it.

You may have valid points.

Your attack on Pug was, nevertheless, unwarranted.

Go back and do a search on Pug's comments over the past two years or so. He's been on the board quite a bit longer than you have, and his input has seldom ever been demeaning or insulting. Don't believe me, check it out for yourself.

It may have felt clever to type and post your previous comments regarding Pug, but I also feel your insults were out of line.

Doc

detroit diver once bubbled...

Hey Painter,

I don't have a DIR class. I'm not an instructor.

Also, I'll let normal people (and that doesn't include you) decide what rec.scuba is about. Most will conclude that it is a free-for-all stag party with language suited for the same. On the odd occasion that diving is talked about, it's usually in some derogatory fashion.

The only one screaming spam over there is Mossman, and the rest of you parrot him. You're not even clever.

More of the same. Ignore the fact that what I said was true. Ignore how much it shows how unethical you are. Instead you just throw insult after insult about the very people that you had no problem trying to take money from.

You are such a joke. Atleast Cornfed lives in Beltsville. Why anyone would live in Detroit is beyond me. My father was from detroit and unlike the rest of his family, he had the sense to get out of the cesspool decades ago.

chrpai once bubbled...

More of the same. Ignore the fact that what I said was true. Ignore how much it shows how unethical you are. Instead you just throw insult after insult about the very people that you had no problem trying to take money from.

You are such a joke. Atleast Cornfed lives in Beltsville. Why anyone would live in Detroit is beyond me. My father was from detroit and unlike the rest of his family, he had the sense to get out of the cesspool decades ago.

You should be a stand-up comedian.

Then you could see first hand the folks that are laughing at you.

You have no idea.

chrpai once bubbled...

Unethical? What color is the sky on your planet?

Posting a class notice on the sewer of the diving world may be pointless. It may be non-productive. After all, it is fairly hard to talk about diving over there.

But it is hardly unethical to try.

Regardless, you deserve some credit. This may be the first time that ethics and rec.scuba have appeared in the same sentence.

So, are you ever going to tell us whether you have any reason to be in this forum. Or may we assume that you are a OW diver with admittedly poor AOW training and a loud mouth?

DSGobie:

$800.00 for both courses is a fantastic deal even if you need to pay for your own Helium. $1.00 per cu. ft is slightly more than the trimix shop around here charges; however, its not too far out of line.

That's why I supply my own Helium. My cost is between $0.26 and $0.40 per cu. ft., depending on how much I can get out of my low bottle (no booster).

The only question I would have is whether it is possible to do the courses back to back. As I recall, GUE has a requirement that you log 25 training dives between classes. Training dives are defined as dives performed for the purpose of practicing skills. Thus, doing an S-drill at the start of a dive and a valve drill at the end probably shouldn't count.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

The only question I would have is whether it is possible to do the courses back to back. As I recall, GUE has a requirement that you log 25 training dives between classes. Training dives are defined as dives performed for the purpose of practicing skills. Thus, doing an S-drill at the start of a dive and a valve drill at the end probably shouldn't count.

The listed prerequisites on the GUE standards only state that you need to be DIRF qualified, and have 100 dives beyond OW qualification. Looks like the 25 dive rule applies when you do Tech2,3 and Cave 2,3.

I think this makes sense, as Fundamentals is just getting the fundamentals straight. It's not really about teaching new material.
I've read at least a couple class reports where DIRF was done in the days immediately preceding Tech1.

paulwlee once bubbled...
I've read at least a couple class reports where DIRF was done in the days immediately preceding Tech1.
My advice is for you to put in plenty of skills practice between DIRf and Tech 1 unless you already have the the skills down pat.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

My advice is for you to put in plenty of skills practice between DIRf and Tech 1 unless you already have the the skills down pat.
Damn...you mean there's merit in practicing this crap?? I thought it was all just for show and tell...:D

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Damn...you mean there's merit in practicing this crap?? I thought it was all just for show and tell...:D

Big-T, you should know better. We only take these courses so we can chat on the internet. Diving is irrelevant.

:wacko:

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Furthermore, if you have buddies that have video or even underwater stills, then use them to interrogate your diving.

Dedicated practice between classes is the difference between doing skills without thinking and holding your team back in class.... and yes, it's all about team, so have your awareness down pat or it will haunt you big time.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom