GUE Tech 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roakey once bubbled...
You made me go off and gather a couple datapoints...

I have classroom experience with over 15% of the GUE instructors worldwide, which translates to over 26% of the instructors located in the United States.

If you include meeting and talking to GUE instructors, those numbers jump to about 22% and 37%.

Roak

Blah blah blah blah blah...It's like a squeaking screen door or something isn't it? I rest my case.
:wacko:

More comments from some one who's never taken a GUE class.

One of the things I try to teach my students is that they should take an active role in picking an instructor if they want a good one. I do see lots of bad ones and I see poorly trained divers. I have had bad instructors also. How bad? I took a technical course once where the instructor never got in the water. The one time I did see him in the water he worried us because he was under weighted and I thought he was going to hurt himself. LOL

At least at their current size, I don't think you'll see this with any GUE instructor. I've dived with a couple, watched another teach and met or had dealings with a few others.

As far as the attitude, some people do seem a bit smug at times. Many of you have seen me hammer some of them on the boards, in fact. However, none of the GUE instructors I've met displayed an attitude. My advice would be that if you're interested in a GUE class, talk to an instructor. Discuss your diving goals, needs and how the class in question might help you. Then decide.

chrpai once bubbled...

My OW instructor was great. I didn't realize that at the time, but when I found out how crappy my AOW instructor was I did.

But what about your technical instructors. You are something more than an AOW, right? Otherwise, what's the basis for your comments about a technical class?

Are you the same guy as in this thread?http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12634

If so, did you make a full recovery? This is a genuine question and not a troll by the way.

As far as GUE and DIR goes, I would encourage you to seek out a GUE instructor and email or call them. I'm sure you would find them very helpful and I think you'd get your questions answered. I personally know 5 GUE instructors and everyone is an excellent diver and has been extremely helpful and patient and never belittled me or given me an attitude, at anytime. Give it a try, I think you'd be happy you did. :)

Best Regards,

Boomx5 - No that isn't me and it doesn't look like they're coming back anytime soon. I want my name back. ;-) I have a small group of people interested in a DIR-F class. Enough of us that we shouldn't have to deal with the smug little graduate disciples that skulk around dive shops and message boards everywhere. So I may very well go ahead in the spring and take the course. Thanks for the advice and concern.

Mike - Like I already said in my post. I've met lots of perfectly fine DIR divers but I still believe there to be an extremely disproportionate number of ferverish, insulting, sneering, loudmouthed asses associating themselves with it. Like I said above I have sourced a few GUE instructors that have a good recommendation from some unassuming skilled tech divers I have met. I will talk with them when the time comes and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice

Uncle Pug - Been listening to the s*@ on this board and watching threads get hijacked by people like you for 6 months before commenting at the end of yet another four page war that started with yet another simple question. This is the first and the last you'll hear about it from me. Going off once in 6 months on a topic that I see you whining over daily hardly requires me to lump myself in with you. How did you and roaky get through the door anyways? So run along and see if you can still pass the minimum fitness requirements in your fundamental(ists) manual son. Thanks for demonstrating the old saying about opening your mouth and proving it.

d33ps1x once bubbled...
How did you and roaky get through the door anyways? So run along and see if you can still pass the minimum fitness requirements in your fundamental(ists) manual son. Thanks for demonstrating the old saying about opening your mouth and proving it.

<cough cough> Did you just call Pug... Son???

d33ps1x once bubbled...
So run along and see if you can still pass the minimum fitness requirements in your fundamental(ists) manual son. Thanks for demonstrating the old saying about opening your mouth and proving it.
** picking self up off of floor**

While Pug may not be a marine...you might want to look into WTF you are saying before you hit the "Submit Reply" button....

d33ps1x,

That may have been one of the most obnoxious, insulting, and ill-informed posts ever written on this board-and that is hard to imagine.

I don't know who the F**k you think you are, but you better get your info straight before opening up YOUR mouth.

You're way out of line and owe UP an apology.

PS Did you come from rec.scuba?????;-0

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom