Gue Vs Tdi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it won't be long now. Lamont and Warmwaterdiver will get the E-mail update and start up this thread with their static Perdue and thermodynamic lessons that really have nothing to do with diving, and then someone will come along with a chem lesson they learned at High point and really muddy the water.

we should have let this dog lay (or put this dog down)

JeffG:
Thats the point I was trying to get across with the snippet I put in my post.
don't Google blood pressure , Google hemoglobin. Add that to what you know about partial pressure and it should click the light on.

nova:
well it won't be long now. Lamont and Warmwaterdiver will get the E-mail update and start up this thread with their static Perdue and thermodynamic lessons that really have nothing to do with diving, and then someone will come along with a chem lesson they learned at High point and really muddy the water.

we should have let this dog lay (or put this dog down)

Y'all are already 3 posts ahead of me and way off on geography already. There it goes again - I told Nova in a PM I went to college in Texas, and now he mentions Perdue (I never saw such a college in Texas, much less Purdue). Well, we didn't mention navigation here for Nova did we? Although we did mention paramagnetic vs. diamagnetic; the difference is quite important if using a compass to navigate a course of course.

If you truly don't think physics and thermodynamics have anything to do with diving, you're just a wart on the pickle of progress. Good thing you don't design regulators. Or compressors. Or dive boat engines. Or - well, the list could just go on and on - we could mention medical equipment like hyperbaric chambers too.

Does this let it rest then? I know some folks never care about getting the facts straight, no matter what.

nova:
don't Google blood pressure , Google hemoglobin. Add that to what you know about partial pressure and it should click the light on.
I know about hemoglobin (O2 binding) and partial pressure. But re-read your post

nova:
The hemoglobin contributes to the regulation of the blood pressure.
thats what babyduck is commenting on. Nobody is questioning your hemoglobin vs partial pressure comment. So if the "pressure" your original post is actually refers to "partial pressure" then this is all much ado about nothing.

WarmWaterDiver:
For the gradient / gas transfer, diffusion and / or effusion are involved, for gas transfer to and from the tissues and bloodstream through the alveoli. If I remeber my physical chemistry / mass transfer anywhere close to correctly, it would be Graham's laws that would be most applicable to the point of the discussion. Take a look and see. If you didn't receive that from your instructor, then my judgement is that instructor didn't have a good grip on the science involved.

http://www.molecularsoft.com/data/help/Gas_Laws-Effusion_Diffusion.htm

http://chemed.chem.purdue.edu/demos/main_pages/4.19.html

http://chemed.chem.purdue.edu/demos/moviesheets/4.17.html
for someone that has never gone to purdue you sure have no problem with quoting their work. POST 125 in this thread was quoted by you. gas laws of effusion and diffussion in a static environment. Does this bring back memories

anyone that goes through your history can see that you know anything about
everything, and to deny you went to purdue after quoting ....well lets just let the other divers figure it out. They can go to post 125 also

JeffG:
I know about hemoglobin (O2 binding) and partial pressure. But re-read your post

thats what babyduck is commenting on. Nobody is questioning your hemoglobin vs partial pressure comment. So if the "pressure" your original post is actually refers to "partial pressure" then this is all much ado about nothing.
Amen brother, partial pressure is part of total pressure , and total pressure is about decompression diving

nova:
Amen brother, partial pressure is part of total pressure , and total pressure is about decompression diving
And which blood pressure is a different beast...so now lets carry one with our original program...which is???? I don't even remember anymore.

Nova,

Well, let's see, I've pasted below the info I sent you previously, on 8-11-2005, in a PM after you made some assertion regarding a PhD, which I've never claimed to have - where do you come up with such stuff? It's sure not facts!

"I don't have a PhD - just a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from a little ol' university in South Texas. Keep in mind ZZ Top was advertised as 'just a little ol' band from Texas', for perspective. Oh, I did graduate Summa Cum Laude - just the way things worked out by the time it was all done. Took me 10 years to work my way through school, self-financing my education, but I did finish it - and if I can, it's pretty evident anyone who wants to badly enough can too."

So, Lamont mentioned Kindergarten physics, let's now look at reasoning ability.

By your account, since I posted links to Purdue's website, I MUST have attended Purdue - but I never in fact did attend Purdue, nor make such an assertion. I'll HAPPILY deny I've never attended Purdue, since that IS a fact! I'll bet other non-Purdue alumni can click on the same links and view them, or also find them via a Google searc. Evidently these are not restricted ot 'Purdue Aluni Eyes Only' and I'll happily let other divers with better reasoning faculties see that speak for itself. You could prove that yourself if you're not a Purdue alumni. Are you a Purdue alumni? Can you find the same links?

I've posted links to Scubapro's web site in other posts, as well as Dive Rite's web site, and I've never worked for either of those organizations. Nor has anone seeeing such asked me if I worked for these organizations. Evidently non-employees are allowed to view their web sites. There are plenty of such other examples if one HONESTLY does look at my history.

I did assert that anyone respiring must be using diffusion or efffusion to get oxygen in contact with the hemoglobin, and the 'laws' associated with diffusion and effusion were Graham's laws, and posted the links I found on a simple Google search regarding Graham's laws. Evidently Purdue must allow viewing of such sites to non-alumni, as anyone can click on the links to see!

You assert none of this has to do with divng. This has to do with breathing (respiring), so you assert breathing has nothing to do with diving - this is equally valid to my ever having attended Purdue - which is 0, zip, nada, etc.

I can't possibly know everything about everything - I haven't the faintest clue how you come up with such stuff!

Here's part of your post #214 - it speaks for itself . . .

nova:
call me a troll all you want, at least I'm not confusing, geomitry, chemistry or cornfed thermodynamic simulation with physiological principles of diving

WarmWaterDiver:
Nova,

Well, let's see, I've pasted below the info I sent you previously, on 8-11-2005, in a PM after you made some assertion regarding a PhD, which I've never claimed to have - where do you come up with such stuff? It's sure not facts!

"I don't have a PhD - just a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from a little ol' university in South Texas. Keep in mind ZZ Top was advertised as 'just a little ol' band from Texas', for perspective. Oh, I did graduate Summa Cum Laude - just the way things worked out by the time it was all done. Took me 10 years to work my way through school, self-financing my education, but I did finish it - and if I can, it's pretty evident anyone who wants to badly enough can too."

So, Lamont mentioned Kindergarten physics, let's now look at reasoning ability.

By your account, since I posted links to Purdue's website, I MUST have attended Purdue - but I never in fact did attend Purdue, nor make such an assertion. I'll HAPPILY deny I've never attended Purdue, since that IS a fact! I'll bet other non-Purdue alumni can click on the same links and view them, or also find them via a Google searc. Evidently these are not restricted ot 'Purdue Aluni Eyes Only' and I'll happily let other divers with better reasoning faculties see that speak for itself. You could prove that yourself if you're not a Purdue alumni. Are you a Purdue alumni? Can you find the same links?

I've posted links to Scubapro's web site in other posts, as well as Dive Rite's web site, and I've never worked for either of those organizations. Nor has anone seeeing such asked me if I worked for these organizations. Evidently non-employees are allowed to view their web sites. There are plenty of such other examples if one HONESTLY does look at my history.

I did assert that anyone respiring must be using diffusion or efffusion to get oxygen in contact with the hemoglobin, and the 'laws' associated with diffusion and effusion were Graham's laws, and posted the links I found on a simple Google search regarding Graham's laws. Evidently Purdue must allow viewing of such sites to non-alumni, as anyone can click on the links to see!

You assert none of this has to do with divng. This has to do with breathing (respiring), so you assert breathing has nothing to do with diving - this is equally valid to my ever having attended Purdue - which is 0, zip, nada, etc.

I can't possibly know everything about everything - I haven't the faintest clue how you come up with such stuff!

Here's part of your post #214 - it speaks for itself . . .
don't take it personaly, I just think you come off as an arrogant human being. The way you make a point is to talk down to people ,as if you did go to Purdue. I also don't think you know half as much about diving as you think you do.
If your proud of your lifes accomplishments , good for you, I just don't like you , and that's a fact

nova:
don't take it personaly, I just think you come off as an arrogant human being. The way you make a point is to talk down to people ,as if you did go to Purdue. I also don't think you know half as much about diving as you think you do.
If your proud of your lifes accomplishments , good for you, I just don't like you , and that's a fact
and you got him on the line. RIDE'EM COWBOY YEEEEEEE HAAARRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom