Has anyone bought a drysuit from EBay?

Whats the most expensive single piece of dive gear you've bought on an auction site?

• 1000+

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • 500-999

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • 250-499

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • 125-249

Votes: 28 19.3%
  • 1-124

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • never bought anything on an auction site

Votes: 23 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't bought anything I trust my life with off of e-bay but I have bought a been played once or twice 2000 model Gibson Gothic SG with hard and soft case for $750! It was a hell of a find and I was happy about it. But I just cant see myself buying a regulator or even a drysuit from e-bay. I guess I don't trust enough.....

I've bought a near new Viking on eBay before for $750. Pretty good find and still going strong after 250+ dives and counting.

I do believe in supporting the LDS but I couldn't pass up this deal. The rest of the equipment should be left up to the people who knows best...LDS! or at a min. checked out by the LDS.

I bought a Cyclon 5000 with octo. on Ebay for $225.00.

The dive shop checked it out and said it looked like it was never used(it had been used but only in fresh water). it worked great in Cozumel.

that was my first, but not my last purchase on Ebay.

I've bought thousands of dollars of really nice gear on Ebay. Everything I have purchased has been a super deal. I usually only buy new gear for scuba and "in great condition" gear for other sports. Only great things to say about Ebay here.

Just got my DUI TLS 350 drysuit I bought on Ebay for $660 it is new older model and never been dove in. It is in great shape and looks brand new and got it in less than a week. Just thought I would put my feedback in. The seller had lots of positive feedback. I saw another suit go for less but the seller had no feedback so did not take a chance on that.
Will have lots of questions for a drysuit in another post.

i just bought 2 suits from ebay..ones a harvey drysuit and the other is a suit made by bodyglove..i paid 180 for them both..i got the harveys yesterday by ups and its fits just fine..have to stretch the neck seal a bit though and im waiting for the bodyglove suit to arrive next tuesday..you have to read the sellers feedback..i find that if the y asnwer email fairly fast then they are usually on the up and up..but make sure you read the feedback though..

Sometimes I'll see something I'm interested in & the seller has very low number of feedbacks. I'll ask if I can stop by and pay/pick up the item in person, or maybe check it out in person before bidding. (even if I'm nowhere near them) :wink:
If the answer is yes, I give them the benefit of the doubt & bid like they had a high feedback rating.

yo, Snuggle, were'nt up to trying to glue your old suit back together? :)

Curses! Someone said "Ebay", and it's Sunday morning and here I sit with an internet connection and a credit card. :boom:

I have gotten and sold a lot of stuff on Ebay. I sold my saddle to someone in Michigan and bought a bicycle from someone in California. (It seems you can mail anything). :)

I got a brandy-new Parkway scuba 7 mm wetsuit for $75. What a bargain! And it's one of the few I have tried on that actually fits my girl-type body. Ebay is one of the best things about the internet. There are always a few bad apples, but the vast majority of the people involved are good business people. I have never had a problem.

Hey Bob3...you may be interested in what I have. My wife and are going to Galapagos in Jul. She wanted to be warm so I purchased a Mobbys trilam from a local dive shop. The shop does not do any drysuit work and the suit sat on his shelf for about a year with no buyer. It is a womens Lg/XL. It is really too large for my wife. We thought we could make it work but after 3 attempts (1 in the pool) we realized that it was just too big. We are now going to do it the right way and get one that fits. I have not put this drysuit on ebay yet but plan on doing it within the next day.
This suit sold new for $1850. I got a deal on it for $1200. Willing to let it go for around $800. Seals have never been cut and it has never been in salt water.

If you're interested let me know.

dave.smith@andersencorp.com

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom