Horse beating continues: Diver in Cozumel REFUSES to remove gloves and knife.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps there is a taste difference. Many dive operations would probably only enforce this selectively.

I provide it on my boats - so there are no excuses :D

To Steve, Letterboy and others who think a knife is NEEDED here and/or that the law is stupid:
Yes people, there are MANY things that damage the reef systems - including crappy divers, boat fuel, explosives, photographers taking liberties with the reef, other marine animals, acts of nature, etc. - BUT the POINT here is that EVERY small thing we can do to prevent INTENTIONAL damage of the reefs helps!

So bring up all of your arguments of over weighted divers plummeting to the bottom of the reef - but you won't convince me that prohibiting knives in the park is a stupid law. Like a few others here, I HAVE seen them used in ways by "jack tards" that have made this law a necessity here - and NO ONE is in danger diving without a knife here - regardless of what lines you've read between.

Entanglement IS NOT an issue here. The ONLY time I could see that happening (and even then a very remote chance) is if a diver was diving too close to the reef to begin with. Yes, people have seen fishing line during a dive on occasion - but not to the point of being entangles in it - and no one has posted that they have been entangled here - that's you reading more into something than is there to try justifying your argument.

I'm done :D

If you ever actually go to Cozumel you could go talk to them at 356 Ave 4.
yes, but I want to research it before arriving, to ensure I am in FULL compliance with all the regulations.
I remember going to Xel Ha (spelling?) over near Playa del Carmen years ago.

it's a lagoon that is a big tourist snorkeling area that a lot of tour groups go to.

The place was freaking packed.

Anyway, because everyone had on sunscreen, the surface of the water looked like "one big oil slick".
:shakehead: Now that sounds like a good place to visit . . .
Dont forget about the sunscreen tho!!! :rofl3:
Ohh yeah, I almost forgot, thanks!

I provide it on my boats - so there are no excuses :D

To Steve, Letterboy and others who think a knife is NEEDED here and/or that the law is stupid:
Yes people, there are MANY things that damage the reef systems - including crappy divers, boat fuel, explosives, photographers taking liberties with the reef, other marine animals, acts of nature, etc. - BUT the POINT here is that EVERY small thing we can do to prevent INTENTIONAL damage of the reefs helps!

So bring up all of your arguments of over weighted divers plummeting to the bottom of the reef - but you won't convince me that prohibiting knives in the park is a stupid law. Like a few others here, I HAVE seen them used in ways by "jack tards" that have made this law a necessity here - and NO ONE is in danger diving without a knife here - regardless of what lines you've read between.

Entanglement IS NOT an issue here. The ONLY time I could see that happening (and even then a very remote chance) is if a diver was diving too close to the reef to begin with. Yes, people have seen fishing line during a dive on occasion - but not to the point of being entangles in it - and no one has posted that they have been entangled here - that's you reading more into something than is there to try justifying your argument.

I'm done :D

Ocontair, I have been diving Coz. twice and I did get cold ,after 80min.
I don't dive a shorty EVER just a 5mm fullsuit,yes I do get cold easy. And yes knives are basic scubagear by most if not all agencies.
But most say "unless local laws prohibit them."
And I did get snagged in a fishing line at Coz. so I did need that knife.:eyebrow:

And for the turd... yes he was.:D

Just in case you missed it :eyebrow:....I can ask for it to be typed slower if it will help with comprehension.

Sure it does. You're not willing to change your routine to comply with a law. Simple as that.

I'm thinking this has gotten 'personal' for you now. You've dug in and, just to make a point, you're not going to budge for anything. Forget that $5 and a quick swap-out of your knife would solve it all. I'm thinking this is just an ego situation for you. You're not willing to bend to someone else out of your own pride.

Personal for me???

ego??

all I can say is wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Sorry...my dog doesn't bark that way.

I guess everyone should just say nothing and comply with a stupid rule. Instead of pointing out that its stupid. What I would do (or wouldn't do) in Coz is actually irrelevant to the conservation. So I think you missed the boat when you say it is personal for me. Its actually personal to you.

and its funny how the the Coz people thank each other and circle the wagons in these threads. I guess its personal to them.

Personal for me???

ego??

all I can say is wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Sorry...my dog doesn't bark that way.

I guess everyone should just say nothing and comply with a stupid rule. Instead of pointing out that its stupid. What I would do (or wouldn't do) in Coz is actually irrelevant to the conservation. So I think you missed the boat when you say it is personal for me. Its actually personal to you.

and its funny how the the Coz people thank each other and circle the wagons in these threads. I guess its personal to them.

It's a LAW, not a rule. If you're not happy with it then you are more than welcome to petition the government to change it. However, that's the only way you're going to change it. Posting here isn't going to change anything.

It's a LAW, not a rule. If you're not happy with it then you are more than welcome to petition the government to change it. However, that's the only way you're going to change it. Posting here isn't going to change anything.

<snicker>

Speeding is illegal too, I guess you never do that either?

worse diver as far as being"aware" I ever dove with was a marine biologist huge ego zero skills and one dive only, I asked him not to do stuff, he refused.
I did not do the second dive took him back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom