How Do You Actually Get PADI Master Scuba Diver Cert?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll Qualify for my PADI MSD by the end of August.

Will I spend the money to get it, sure I will.

As others have said, I earned it.

If you automatically discount my Experience because of the Card that's your problem.

I'm two courses away and have all the preregusites out of the way. Personally, when I'm done with the two and have the the MSD card I will have achievded a sense of accoomplisment and will have dove over 25 dives alone just to have taken the classes. If someone here feels that it's all just 'card collecting' so be it. I know what I have done!

Congratulations to both of you on your achievements. Yes, you have earned your card!

Congrats to all who achieve the msd. Dont worry about people saying it doesnt mean anything because its well worth the cost. Its just like fords and chevies :) Depends on who you ask

kyphur and promo you all have a good attitude towards diving. Keep up the good work and make sure to let us know when you earn it :)

indeed - ignore the nay-sayers - be proud of your acheivements!!

How Do You Actually Get PADI Master Scuba Diver Cert?

Few topics are as contentious as this one, maybe split fins or BP&W.

The answer is you do OW, AOW, Rescue Diver, 5 specialties (high quality or not, personal choice), EFR, and at least 50 dives. Then you buy a card that reflects all of this training and experience and may specify your nitrox training on the single card to boot. Conservatively, I would imagine this places you in the top 10 percentle (probably much more elite) of all recreational divers. I would imagine that it would also have a high predictive value for you owning all of your own equipment and diving on a regular basis.

I'm weary of the PADI MSD bashing. There are many acceptable paths to a lifelong enjoyment of scuba diving. Most importantly, get out and dive. That's what I do, 412 and counting, as quickly as I'm able.

Good diving, Craig

Hmmm... PADI wasn't even close to being in existence by the time I logged my first 50 dives. I guess there is no hope for me as a "master" SCUBA diver. Shucks.

Hmmm... PADI wasn't even close to being in existence by the time I logged my first 50 dives. I guess there is no hope for me as a "master" SCUBA diver. Shucks.

And there is no need for you to be either, is there?

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom