I could do with some help with a project...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

done...... for Project AWARE

Done

Thanks so much, guys :) My motivation is that I'm looking into creating a new dive logging product but that's all I can say :D Whoever put that their favourite creature in the sea was them is a genius haha

Thanks so much, guys :) My motivation is that I'm looking into creating a new dive logging product but that's all I can say :D Whoever put that their favourite creature in the sea was them is a genius haha

A website ??

That's great, I'm sure you'll find some valuable feedback here, I just found Online Logbook for Scuba Divers | Diviac Logbook which I've started using.

My main problem is that it's time consuming filling in all the info whether it be by hand or into an app...

Even with this online logbook, its great that it at least stores my info from my computer, but it's a hassle to go add the rest of the info there.

If you could implement a gps feature :rolleyes: and insert that into my watch :wink:

What do you mean ?

The less info I have to fill in, the better...
When working on courses etc. to fill in 4 dives info every few days is such a mission, like I'd like to just push a button and all my info come up...I haven't filled in probably over 400 dives because of the time it takes...

Some useful stuff:
- dive site location from GPS
- common species at that site (pictures I can just click that I saw)
- weather info at that site pulled from the forecast for that day (online statistics for historical data would be cool, such as what the wind was like for the last week, and give an estimate of what viz is, according to historical data - although I admit it's less of a logbook feature and more of a conditions forecast feature)

It's not exactly rocket science, but I guess as more technology comes into dive computers, the easier it will get :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom