I could do with some help with a project...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

done. Last question of fav critter was the one that took the most time.
Ha I filled it out too but no one matched my favourite yet, the black saddled toby, cutest thing in the sea. They melt my heart :D Lots of love for sharks coming through!

Ha I filled it out too but no one matched my favourite yet, the black saddled toby, cutest thing in the sea. They melt my heart :D Lots of love for sharks coming through!

A couple of your little cuties I took about 6 weeks ago...
Black saddled Toby.JPG Black saddled Toby_1.JPG

Last edited:
Awww great photos! Especially like the second one. I find I actually prefer to see them in the sea, I like how they look with the loss of colour at depth :D

We saw quite a few of them whilst snorkelling with my 4 year old son in what was essentially a man-made lagoon in front of our hotel (it was basically a 'muck' site, with some staghorn coral a bit further out). We actually saw loads of great stuff around the lagoon - a lot of juveniles :) It was such a nice surprise as I was only expecting to see a few little fishes.

We saw quite a few of them whilst snorkelling with my 4 year old son in what was essentially a man-made lagoon in front of our hotel (it was basically a 'muck' site, with some staghorn coral a bit further out). We actually saw loads of great stuff around the lagoon - a lot of juveniles :) It was such a nice surprise as I was only expecting to see a few little fishes.

Ah very lucky - juvenile box fish are my other favourite, eeee!

Ah very lucky - juvenile box fish are my other favourite, eeee!

Yes, juv boxfish are very cute but, alas, we didn't see any in that lagoon, although I did spot a couple when diving on that trip. I was going to mention them as one of my faves, but I have several so didn't want to discriminate :wink: Having said that, my faves from my last trip were a juvenile harlequin sweetlips and especially the clown triggerfish (which I think look amazing). They were on my wish list and I saw them both on the same dive (8th dive of the trip). I ended up seeing a fair few clown triggerfish after that, but I was soo happy after that dive. Mind you, I had a few firsts being my first trip to Indonesia :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom