I could do with some help with a project...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course I totally understand - if you can retrieve a lot of infos without any efforts it's better I'm totally on.
Subsurface / Diving Log 6 / MacDive are pretty cool and do what you want.

If not it's kinda cool to send a request -feature ticket to devs to ask if it would be possible to add few features you want to have.
Forums / Maillist are kinda open to any suggestions just need time for devs to add those new features (or not).

Of course I totally understand - if you can retrieve a lot of infos without any efforts it's better I'm totally on.
Subsurface / Diving Log 6 / MacDive are pretty cool and do what you want.

If not it's kinda cool to send a request -feature ticket to devs to ask if it would be possible to add few features you want to have.
Forums / Maillist are kinda open to any suggestions just need time for devs to add those new features (or not).

I'm a dev myself, unfortunately working for the wrong company :p I'll definitely take a look at the ones you mention

For example - dive site location from GPS (MacDive)
MacDive Help - Location/Site Tracking
MacDive Help - Sites

I just google it and don't own a Mac to try it out but as you can see - it's already available and if you want something different you can goahead to request a new features.

Subsurface is open source GitHub - Subsurface-divelog/subsurface: This is the official upstream of the Subsurface divelog program
Diving Log 6 dev are kinda open to add new features but this is not open source Diving Log 6.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log
MacDive and I am pretty sure there are another one but don't know for sure MacDive

If you want to dev then Subsurface can be a good choice.

Would this be a bad time to mention that my new dive logging product isn't primarily digital? :D Thanks everyone for your responses and all your comments are really useful. I think my fear with digital side of things was mentioned in that it might not be around forever but I can see from an Instructor level how you'd need the process to be as simple as possible!!

Isn't primarily digital? Ok, I'll bite....

Isn't primarily digital? Ok, I'll bite....
Well, it may become digital in the future but to start, it's more of a manual process. I'm making this sounds way more exciting than it is ha but I'll hop back here when the product is ready. To be fair, I think those with less than 100 dives under their belts will be my primary customer base, moving into the tech world once (if!) the initial idea takes off. Sorry to be so cryptic!!

Done.

Back
Top Bottom