Icon HD Air integration availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zak, is there an expiration date on the upgrade program for current Icon owners? I spent over $1200 on mine (plus another $50 for shipping to send it back with problems after one dive) and would like to read some customer reviews before shelling out another $450 for this upgrade. I don't want to have problems with it like I did when I first purchased and have to pay for shipping back and forth. Then have someone from the company offer me a mask ("an $80 value") and apologies for all of my troubles (missed dive) and then never send one. So you can understand my hesitation.

And before I get a bunch of responses talking about shipping for warranty work isn't covered... The product did not perform in the way it was described on its maiden voyage. The company could not reprogram so they sent me another new unit. This was not a malfunction but a lack of function. Now that's out of the way, so don't bother with responses of this type.

Zak,

First of all, thanks for the update. I am so glad to hear that Mares has hired a new team to better the DiveOrganizer software. Your previous team was pretty weak and not good at implementing "constructive" feedback on their software. In the two or three revision since I first starting giving feedback, only one of the bugs was fixed. That is not a very good track record for a programmer. In my first 25 years with Alcoa as a systems engineer, if I had done that kind of work, I would have been fired in the first six months. Please keep us up to date on trials. I can't wait to try out the finished product. Thanks much.
Naboo

wow, has anyone else had their post deleted? i posted on december 27th and the entire post was deleted. nothing offensive just true about mares lack of responsibility to their customers and now the entire post is gone. i know it was there because i checked back within a day or 2 to read it again and see if there were any immediate responses.

I was just told by a rep at Mares that the Icon will not red your buddy air. Also will not be out till Mar/Apr.

So finally (is still not clear to me), this upgrade will consist in just upgrading the software to the computer and buying the transmitter?
We won't need to send the computer to mares right?

Thanks!

So finally (is still not clear to me), this upgrade will consist in just upgrading the software to the computer and buying the transmitter?
We won't need to send the computer to mares right?

Thanks!

From what I understand, you will need to take your existing computer to your Mares dealer and exchange it for another computer with the AI transmitter. You will not pay for the new computer...just the transmitter.

I saw the Icon AI two weeks ago at Boot in Dusseldorf (Germany - boot.de).
The Mares rep told me they are ready with the first 1200 pieces which will be sent to dive schools and important dealers for field tests.
Once they have enough test hours they will start with mass production. Exchange program can start april/may.

Back
Top Bottom