Info and Discussion...Roatan Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During the Easter long weekend, I finally found the time to finish editing the video from our March trip to Roatán.

You can view it on my YouTube channel here:

I hope that you enjoy it! Now, I'm off to do my #%$&* taxes!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the damndest thing Craig. I can't find a picture online ANYWHERE! Nor can I find it in the Humann/Deloach ID book. It is only found in the "Caribbean Reef Life of the Bay Islands, Honduras" book, and it's a dead ringer.

I don't have a way to scan the photo...here's the book:

Caribbean Reef Life - a field guide for Caribbean diving and fish identification
I found the book, but could not find pg 136. Take a picture of it with your phone, post the photo, directly, or after you email it to yourself. I'd love to see it.

Duh! Thanks for helping an old lady out :rolleyes:

Here you go:

Baseodiscus Worm.jpg

Other than "usually lives deep inside the reef"...nothing.
It's frustrating, because I can't find any other information - not even GOOGLE can help :rant:
I can tell you I've done around 400-500 dives in Roatan and it's the only time I've ever seen anything like it.

I have to give credit where credit is due. We dive with Aqua Adventures out of Media Luna Resort. Our divemaster there is named Daren - we call him Junior. He has eagle eyes and he's the one who spotted it initially. We both spent a couple of minutes watching it crawl over the reef. We looked at each other and gave the sign for "WTF"??? Neither of us knew what it was.

I'm comfortable that I now have the answer...

Well fed, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom