It's time to plan for Fall Meet & Greet: Oct 24-26, 2008 at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am hoping to make my FIRST appearance at the meet and greet. I'll keep posted here for more details!!

Great sounds like a plan. Now for those of you going and would like delivery on that date, or even before. Go and check out the GLWC merchandise thread to replace your order that never got sent. Or to put in a new one.

Let's shoot for Oct. 24-26 I'm going to take Ted's lead and just declare that date as the official Fall Meet & Greet @ Gilboa. I hope you all can make it. Let us know who's coming.

I'm up for it. I'd prefer Gilboa, or Tobermory, whichever. :D

No preference on which weekend right now. It is football season, but we're not talking about November so it might be alright.

I'll have a tent, a heater, and maybe another canopy tent depending on weather. No idea on food yet. I'll also have a red Honda Element that will turn rabbits green with envy. :D

Steve, don't you have a DM class that weekend?

Also, no I don't think that car has Ber jealous. I think I actually defended you by saying that an Element is only the SECOND ugliest car on the road! (to Aztecs . . . )

I may also have a new car by then. My poor Contour just hadn't been the same since t-boneing that Mustang a couple years ago, so I sold it recently, and now need a new dive-mobile. (Lot of that going around lately! Must be a good use for that stimulus check!)

Ken

Works for me, too. That Friday is the last game of the regular football season so I'll either be celebrating the playoffs or grinding my teeth over missing them once again. Either way diving will be good for me. I'll bring a bunch of my famous chocolate chip cookies.

And to add to the talk about old cars and new diving vehicles; I'm in that dilemma too. My old Saturn is beginning to nickel and dime me on repairs, and just doesn't cut it for an adequate dive vehicle. I'm thinking one of those new Rav-4s is more my style. Now to figure out how to swing the payments.....

Also, no I don't think that car has Ber jealous. I think I actually defended you by saying that an Element is only the SECOND ugliest car on the road! (to Aztecs . . . )

Deep down, she really likes my Element. Did you notice how she dove right into it when I opened the clam shell? Clear case of Element envy. :D

If we're in the DM class that weekend, Gilboa is still reachable by campfire time.

I've put it on the calendar. I should be able to make it. Thanks for taking the lead Denny!

I think it is a given that it will be at Gilboa. I think anyone mentioning someplace else is grounds for death, Lord forbid.

not to stare a death threat in the face lightly :) , but I would love an opportunity to take care of you all at White Star Quarry for a M&G someday, I know that you have picked it already but the consideration in the future would be well appreciated... you can bring all your non diving friends, family and your dogs for FREE and I can promise we won't charge anyone for parking.

Have fun! DEMA ends on the 25th and our WSQ underwater Pumpkin carving contest is that sunday (october 26) so I will not be able to make the fall m&G.

Have fun and dive safe,

Rich

I'll have to check the calendar and see if it's going to work for me. Anyone want to add underwater pumpkin carving to the meet-n-greet? 'tis the season after all :D

No preference on which weekend right now. It is football season, but we're not talking about November so it might be alright.

I'll have a tent, a heater, and maybe another canopy tent depending on weather. No idea on food yet. I'll also have a red Honda Element that will turn rabbits green with envy. :D
November, that's check-out dives :D OH WAIT! I'm not teaching fall quarter :eyebrow:

Green with envy....right :mooner:

Steve, don't you have a DM class that weekend?

I may also have a new car by then. My poor Contour just hadn't been the same since t-boneing that Mustang a couple years ago, so I sold it recently, and now need a new dive-mobile. (Lot of that going around lately! Must be a good use for that stimulus check!)

Ken
You tell him Ken :rtfm: :D

I will agree with your opinion of its second ugliest car status to placate Steve, he's my grandstudent after all :rofl3:

Looking forward to seeing the new dive mobile!

I'll bring a bunch of my famous chocolate chip cookies.
Suddenly I really like Spartan :10:

And to add to the talk about old cars and new diving vehicles; I'm in that dilemma too. My old Saturn is beginning to nickel and dime me on repairs, and just doesn't cut it for an adequate dive vehicle. I'm thinking one of those new Rav-4s is more my style. Now to figure out how to swing the payments.....
Might be able to hook you up with a Chevy, I love my HHR as a dive-mobile and I'm really happy with the gas mileage. Hubby has a Chevy dealership :D

Deep down, she really likes my Element. Did you notice how she dove right into it when I opened the clam shell? Clear case of Element envy. :D
Dude, you got a lot to learn about women :whack:
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom