Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on the new ride Mat!

Clay, I am glad to see you survived your trip to Pelham with your 3/2 suit in 59 degree temps. Were your fellow divers wearing drysuits or were they braving it like you?

Hey Wethoss (or is it Santahoss for the Holidays),

Any progress with Santa on my christmas list yet? You don't want my stocking to be empty Christmas morning do you?

denisegg:
Clay, I am glad to see you survived your trip to Pelham with your 3/2 suit in 59 degree temps. Were your fellow divers wearing drysuits or were they braving it like you?

I was a little chilly. But I was determined to get in some diving. CorallineDream was in a 5 mil with hooded vest.Lone Frogman was dry. He was the smart one. I am hoping for a 7mil for Christmas. My wife knows how bad I want one.
I did have a 2 mil hooded vest. I just did not get warmed back up enough during SI.
If I do not get a 7 mil for Christmas I will have one before the end of the year. Diving is off until then.:shakehead

You can't talk Santa into a dry suit? I think I'm going to try to get one of those before another winter, instead of a 7m. I just get too cold!

I think 7mm is enough. When it is too cold for that. I will be done for a while. Dry suits are just out of my price range now.

Clay, Here's what you need. Henderson Hyperstretch 7mm.
Check out this link.
http://www.divesports.com/mall/hen_ws_menhs7jump.asp

It will cost you a little more than other suits but personally I think it's worth it.
Mine is a 5mm Hyperstretch and you saw how warm I was Saturday.
They recommend you get it one size smaller than you normally wear.

It will stretch to fit your body very snug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom