Leisurepro.com IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Question is simple,

Are they an authorized dealer for Aqualung products? I want to order an BC from them but want to make sure they are authorized to sell the product so the warranty will hold.

I read a huge disclosure on Aqualungs website about dealers that do not fit this mold, you buy at your own risk, NO WARRANTY!!!

Thanks,

MG

Why don't you just ask LeisurePro the question? Makes more sense than asking it here. They have a 1-800 number, I believe.

I found the thread after I posted, sorry. The consensus is Leisurepro will match the warranty of the product. So in fact you are covered as if you had the warranty from the original manufacturer.

Thanks,

Mike

In any case, the OP could simply pick up a phone. Yes, LP will "match" the AL warranty, but realize that means you *must* go through LP for service. You won't be able to take it to just any LDS for repairs/replacements/etc (and have it covered under the warranty).

I emailed LP yesterday regarding pricing on an Atomic and ScubaPro reg and they're out of office until Oct 7 or so. They're not answering emails or shipping any orders. You know, I gotta respect that. It's some religious holiday or something and they're taking off....family and religion first...then work. They got it right.

There is no reason to put "IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!" in the title. When I first read the title, I thought something "important" was there, maybe Leisurepro went out of business, or Leisurepro stopped honoring warranties, and the OP wants to ask for advise and even give warning to people, thus "IMPORTANT". I had bought many things from Leisurepro, some items should still have warranty. I thought something "IMPORTANT!!!" was up about Leisurepro. Turned out it's nothing like that.

When I was a new diver, I had exactly the same type of question when I first heard of Leisurepro. I had called them to ask. I also searched for "Leisurepro". The OP could have done the same thing, rather than ask this question, with "IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!" (3 exclamation marks?!?) in the title.

Roban--there was a point where I did not know how to use an internet forum very well. I learned by lurking in the corners to see what the "romans" did before trying to do it myself. I learned from the mistakes of others. Certainly, I made some myself, and when I have, I have offered my profuse apologies.

To the OP: My list of links for you was deleted, some of those threads would have helped answer your question, and then some.

For future use, try searching for a question before you ask it. Search Here You can click on that link, or, at the top of the page, there is a blue bar with white text in it. Near the right hand side of that is the word "search." Click on that, and a bar drops down. You can search the entire forum there, or by clicking "advanced search," you can narrow down which forum you are searching in.

Another thing you can do when you have a question about a specific product or company, is to see if that company is represented here on SB. It does not look like Aqualung is, so your post is useful, because we cannot ask Aqualung. However, if you searched on the topic "leisurepro" you could find out that LeisureProBrett posts here as the SB face of Leisurepro. You can PM him to ask him specific LeisurePro questions. Alternatively, you can do a google search on the company, go to their website, and see if they list their dealers. Aqualung does. If LP isn't on their list, then LP isn't a dealer.

Last but not least, you can always call Leisurepro to ask them about the warranty. I am sure they would be glad to fax you or email you or mail you data on how their warranty works.

It's ok to post questions that have been asked before, because threads dissappear in the muck and maybe someone else out there has that same question. However, it is considered polite to use the search function, then come back and post a question that says "Well, I used the search function, but I wanted to make sure that LP is not an aqualung dealer." One link I gave you was about an Oceanic product, asking if LP was now an Oceanic dealer. That was a LP question that had never been asked before, as best as I can tell. Finally, you should spend some time trying to make sure you post in the right place. Not only is it against the forum rules to post a thread in the wrong place, but posting the question in the right forum will get it answered MUCH faster, and usually with better quality answers. In this case, the mods chose to move your thread to Q&A for manufacturers. I would have considered putting it in Basic Scuba Discussions, but this area seems appropo as well.

Lastly, if you don't understand something on the forums, you can always ask. I believe there is a Site Support forum that might be appropriate for those questions, or if you know someone on the board you can contact them and ask them, usually when someone has been around for a while, they know how it allw orks.

The goal on a forum is learning and knowledge for everyone. That goal is harder to obtain when we have reason to descend into base insults, and it being the internet, we absolutely love to stoop to that level (actually, studies show that people only correctly guess the intended meaning behind written text on the internet less than half of the time, according to a speech I heard a while back about how the internet is making our society autistic in a way, basically, it's very easy to misunderstand someone), something as simple as asking a question that's old, TYPING IN ALL CAPS, 1337 talk or postin in the wrong forums can bring on all-out war. It is best to try and follow all the rules and netiquette, which applies both to you and to people like me who love to be mildly rude and sarcastic.

Wow,

My thread became a battle ground. On my second post I apologized for my post, did you guys not pick up the word "sorry"? I found the thread I was looking for that answered my question and I quickly placed the answer in case anyone followed my thread.

It literally amazes me how some of you can spiral out of control as if this was your party and I wasn't invited. Calm down and take another dive, I'm sure when you surface you'll have forgotten all about my thread on leisurepro.com warranties....

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom