long hose-snap bolt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where do you tie the snap bolt on a long hose (how far from reg)?
Thanks guys,

Jason

A better place to post a question like this is The Deco Stop. It's much more technical then The Scuba Board. But, I put mine right at the connection between the reg and the hose on the swedged fitting. The shape of the fiting keeps the bolt snap from slipping down the hose.

Ditto.

Since I am relatively new to this technical stuff, can someone explain to me why you put a bolt snap on the primary regulator? In what situation would you want to clip it off? And where would you clip it off to? your face? I don't wear braces anymore, so I can't imagine using those . . .
Just curious. Thanks.

The technically advanced divers will clip off their primary regulator to the right shoulder d-ring when they're doing a decompression stop and using the regulator attached to a decompression stage bottle.

Keeps the reg from getting lost or entangled with other hoses.

The Kraken:
The technically advanced divers will clip off their primary regulator to the right shoulder d-ring when they're doing a decompression stop and using the regulator attached to a decompression stage bottle.

Keeps the reg from getting lost or entangled with other hoses.

AHA! Knew there had to be good reason. thanks!

While I agree Kraken, it's not just "tech", as the same thing is accomplished with "rec" gear as well.

Lets assume your primary fouls up, you switch to the back-up (octo in your language), clip the primary as you described, and call the dive. Your gear is all squared away, no danglies etc. Ditto for when your 1st stage pukes (We're talking single tank rec divers, to be precise, but it's basically the same either way), you get on your buddy's long hose, and your reg gets clipped.

Uhm, it helps also to have a rig that has D rings in the right places as well, for these reasons. Not going into that debate here :)

I stand corrected!!
There is certainly a place for it in the recreational diving arena for this method, also. It's just that one normally associates this type of practice with decompression stops.
I should not "assume".

The Kraken:
I stand corrected!!
There is certainly a place for it in the recreational diving arena for this method, also. It's just that one normally associates this type of practice with decompression stops.
I should not "assume".

You weren't wrong IMO, I was just expanding the answer in hopes of squaring away more Rec divers as well.

I hope I didn't express any sarcasm in my previous post, I certainly didn't intend to.
I guess I've just gotten into a channelled mode of thought - I don't like to do that.
I like to try to think inside, outside and all around the box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom