Looking to replace my Zeagle Escape with a travel bp&w. Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite travel BC is the Zeagle Express Tech. Lighter and more versatile than any back plate and it uses a standard Zeagle wing. I also like the Dive Rite Hunter Pack, but I understand it's been discontinued. These two BCs have all the bennies of a BC&Wing and are also very flexible and so easy to pack. I like the Zeagle weight system a bit better, but the Hunter Pack feels better. Both are simply great and super light.

Ok-- my head just exploded!

The Zeagle looks good, with a bit of customization.

Query: I'm used to the Zeagle horseshoe bladder since I've been using it for 15ish years. There is a doughnut option as well. Will I notice a difference? I'm fairly trimmed out using the Zeagle Escape (2 lbs. in each side pocket, 2 lbs. and 1 lb. respectively in the tank trim pockets for 7 lbs. total).

Thanks.

R.

The main advantage (that I can see) of the donut is that you don't have the possibility of getting more air in one side of the wing than the other (especially if you are in pursuit of sea life with a camera - head down, head up, and twisting all the time). I trim out pretty close to the same as you ( 2 - #3 on belt and a #2 on upper tank band) and have to usually add 2 - 3 quick bursts at depth to get neutral -

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom