Mares Dive Computer Tech Assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi, i recently purchased 2 puck air's. i switched them on to check them out, my prob is that the one is reading 12 bar.....neither is connected to a reg set nor a cylinder! obviously that makes you worry........

any suggestions?

thanks!

Pieter, I suggest you take it to the shop you purchased or at least call them. I agree it doesn't sound right. You could try to take the batteries out for 30mins or so and put them back in to see if it resets it. If this does not remedy the situation, I recommend talking to the dealer.

I'm sure once you get this figured out, you'll like them quite a bit. Definitely an excellent value.

Hope this helps.

Zak

Zak:

I got some minor scratches on the screen of my Icon HD Net Ready on a recent trip. Obviously I should have gotten a screen protector, but too late for that now. Do you know if a commercial scratch repair product, like for a watch face, will work?

Zak:

I got some minor scratches on the screen of my Icon HD Net Ready on a recent trip. Obviously I should have gotten a screen protector, but too late for that now. Do you know if a commercial scratch repair product, like for a watch face, will work?
I recall the Icon came with a screen protector. Did yours not have one?

Mine did not come with a screen protector. I plan on picking up a Zagg. I doubt Brasso will work - the screen is glass, not plastic.

The minor scratches I would just leave alone, as in the water they'll disappear. Using abrasive cleaners you run the risk of making things worse.

I had the Net Ready AI Icon for a few weeks, in fact I had two units, and I saw a screen protector on each one.

The Zagg is a good choice as I use it on my Vyper and Galileo Sol.

That is the safer course Hatul. Thanks. I have a feeling they'll be even less visible when I add the screen protector.

Hi there,
Sorry for the delay. I do not recommend using an abrasive on the glass to try and remove scratches. As previously stated, they will mostly disappear in the water, i also agree it's a good iea to put a protective cover on, as it will obviously help to prevent scratches, and hopefully make your small ones become less noticeable.

Zak

Boy do I feel like an idiot. I was insisting that my Net Ready did not come with a screen protector. I also thought it was odd that my screen got scratched, since it's advertised as scratch-resistant mineral glass. I finally took a closer look today and, yep, my LDS had obviously put on the screen protector before I picked it up last year. That's what was scratched, not the screen itself. So, kudos to Mares for one hell of a product, and a big raspberry to myself for being so nearsighted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom