Memorial Day Weekend, Falling Rock!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Land Locked:
Woody, you are evil! Think Moonie will ever visit the midwest again
after a family member was lynched in Ky? OK, here we go, new game,
Where in the heck is Crappy Pappy? BTW, I'll be happy to show you
how to tie a TRUE hangmans noose!

:58: Careful,the 13 loop noose is illeagle to do unless you are a state or federal licensed/ certified executioner.

That is a GOOD question. When are we going to go diving? I haven't been diving in quite a while. In fact, my gills are drying up...:shakehead

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Kenny you were taunting that bass...I saw it!!! :D :wink:

Penny, there were hot DIR guys there Sunday. Both were married but still nice to look at!!
I've got a cute one all my own. :D

We'll have to come down some time to dive with ya'll.
This weekend it set for North Carolina and some wrecks.:eyebrow:

Landshark44:
DIR is a the idea of diving as safely as possible and having the best buddy skills possible. This is what I adhere to and being one of the DIR divers that was at the quarry on Sunday I feel that the arrogance of some DIR divers should not be used to totally describe the way of diving. Dislike the diver not the agency they represent if they exibit an attitude. Yes I am GUE certified but also a PADI divemaster on staff at New Horizons. The gear configurations we dive are based on diving the same configuration everytime for trim and bouyancy and doubles work a lot better with a dry suit, not to mention you don't have to swap out gear to do two dives. Sorry about the long reply but I would rather be judged for myself instead of an agency. At any point in time guys or girls I would be happy to explain why I have certain gear or let someone try it out (such as my scooter) in the quarry. Unfortunatly guys or girls, if you all are going to hang out at the New Horizons pavilion you will see several DIR people, since half the staff dives this way, but remember we are all also PADI divemasters and instructors so don't be to hard on us.
:blinking:Thanks LandShark.

I took a lot of crap from a supposed friend from the second that I signed up for fundies. (I'm still provisional.....and no end in sight!)

Keep working on it and that provisional will turn into a cert card before you know it. Then you have to decide if you want to continue and is it Cave 1 or Tech 1. Don't worry you will get use to all of the crap very quickly and come to just wait for it.

pennypue:
I've got a cute one all my own. :D

We'll have to come down some time to dive with ya'll.
This weekend it set for North Carolina and some wrecks.:eyebrow:

You really should come down and you better bring Bob!!! I'll be more than happy to look him over too!! :laughing: You know we'd have a blast!!

Landshark44:
Keep working on it and that provisional will turn into a cert card before you know it. Then you have to decide if you want to continue and is it Cave 1 or Tech 1. Don't worry you will get use to all of the crap very quickly and come to just wait for it.
LOL
Already did Cavern and Intro....if I had time I'd work on Apprentice and Full. But I think some practice 'might' be in order. And in my defense, I took fundies in doubles, and I had just switched to them had about three dives in them. Switched to a bp/w, switched to a long hose, AND switched to jets. Phew!

I did NACD for my certs since I had a like-minded dive buddy that was ready to go for Intro. :wink:

SCUBAJENNIFER:
You really should come down and you better bring Bob!!! I'll be more than happy to look him over too!! :laughing: You know we'd have a blast!!
Oh yes we would!!!:lol: He's fun to look over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom