New BP/W: Halycon or DSS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scootergirl,

Nicely said. I still prefer my oxycheq mach v wings though n for the adjustable harness part, I'll be finishing it within the next 2 weeks so I'll post you the details after :D.

SangP

Scooter, my 1st thought wasn't "what kind of gimmick is this?" It was more like, "do I need any of this?"

As I'v not encountered any of the adjustment problems you mentioned, it couldn't help me there. As I find it very easy & quick to get my rig on & off, it wouldn't be of any help there. If a thing fits me so well that I don't notice its there, how can it be made any more comfortable. So the answer to my questions is "no, I don't need any of this".

Even if I decided that it would improve my ease & comfort, hell, even if I was a "H" fan boy, I'd like to think I would still be objective enough to see that it's very cluttered compared to a hog rig.

I'd rather see people happy in what they like, than unhappy with what I like though.

I
I had read about the Infinity on Scuba Board before I went to the LDS to see it first hand and went into the store thinking the Infinity was out to kill me, I left the store wondering if anybody had actually taken the time to physically see the system in person before posting comments about it. I say this because it uses the same HOG single piece harness with the same D-Rings and the same back plate. All they added was a piece of padding that is thin enough to simulate a piece of neoprene for divers who are not wearing any, as well as a D-Ring that slides on the waist belt to make it easier to remove the harness by simply pulling the shoulder strap. This could even be argued to be a safety feature because now a diver can remove the BCD from a victim without having to cut the straps. Of the items mentioned, Padded back is behind you, Sliding D-Ring is out of the way and unobtrusive, I would have a hard time calling this Cluttered.
*Sorry* I forgot about the shoulder pads. These are above the shoulder D-Rings and don't dangle or stick out so they are also unobtrusive. Although I would be hard pressed to call it cluttered they do stay in place with velcro straps and tabs. The velcro could start to fail over time with use but again it would not create any danger to a diver that I can see.

Maybe a tech diver or someone with more experience would be able to see problems with these components. If there is something that I am not seeing I would sure like to hear about it.

You know, many of the naysayers have swallowed the HOG/DIR mantra a wee bit much and anything that is other than a fixed-in-place-non-easily-adjustable webbing harness is not acceptable. They cite the additional plastic slider as "failure point" or "cluttered". Of course these are the same people who have the temerity to compare themselves to one of the most respected divers in the world; the guy who lives and eats DIR/GUE, the guy that wrote books on technical diving: Jarrod Jablonski.

I'm sorry, but if a piece of equipment were to pass muster with JJ of the Blue H/GUE, or with Lamar Hires of Dive Rite, it's plenty good enough for me. Others are welcome to do the chickenwing dance getting in and out of their rigs. As for me, I save the chickenwing dance for when I'm at the bars cutting up some rugs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom