Newbie needs help/suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove one of those for about 10 years before the battery died. One thing you have to keep in mind, you cannot change the battery on a dive watch yourself unless you have some way to pressure check the seal when you replace the back.
Ber :lilbunny:

I bought mine in June 1993. It was still running up until my son got certified in June 2007. I replaced the battery on it myself. It has been on about 20 dives since then. I wonder if the new battery will last another 14 years like the last one? The sad thing is - the strap broke. So I just zip tie the watch on to my spg as a back up time piece.

I agree with every one rent, rent, rent. But if you quickly learn that you are hooked for life, don’t be afraid to begin buying gear right away. And don’t let any one tell you that you need to buy a package of gear from one manufacturer take your time and find the fit and features that are best for you within your budget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom