Newly certified diver from Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video! What is typical visibility in warm weather? I've only dove in Hidden Paradise, which had horrible visibility.

I was amazed at the viz!

Great video! What is typical visibility in warm weather? I've only dove in Hidden Paradise, which had horrible visibility.

Unfortunately the visibility is not much better than hidden paradise once the algae starts and the swimmers come back in May. It's still a great place to get in some dive time, especially to shake out equipment before a bigger trip.

I saw you were going to the Iberostar resort in Montego Bay. I am considering them. Wondering how you got to/from the airport? I called the hotel and they advised me NOT to take a taxi but rather a transfer service. If you already had your trip how was it?

I saw you were going to the Iberostar resort in Montego Bay. I am considering them. Wondering how you got to/from the airport? I called the hotel and they advised me NOT to take a taxi but rather a transfer service. If you already had your trip how was it?
I had purchased my tickets through Orbitz.com and they had a pop-up for shuttle bus transportation to and from the airport. The total fee was $18.75 round-trip. Their information is listed below from the Orbitz receipt I received.

Jamaica Tours Ltd. - Ground 2-day cut-off
Reservation Confirmation:
+1 876 953 3664
Hours: Daily: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Email: jtladmin@jamaicatoursltd.com

I stayed at the Rose Hall Beach Resort and found it perfect. Easy to get around and the dive shop was just off the beach beyond the resort pools. Great food, Spacious room, comfortable beds and plenty of entertainment. Don't forget to bring plenty of $1 dollar bills for tips. I definitely would go again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom