NHL Strike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
You mean like that first half assed NJ cup!!! :gag:
If that happens I'd have a lot more money for diving. I wonder if my Mess, Leetch, and Richter jerseys would be worth more if there was no such thing as the NHL anymore?
Even 3 rounds but with a few of these crappy expansion teams eliminated would be nice. Also increase the ice size and eliminate the 2 line pass (unless offsides of course). Also let the goalies leave the damn net and skate anywhere they want. One the greatest play I've ever seen was when Roy skated half way up ice and did a spinerama around Gretzky! Then got called for "Skating past the red line!!!" Why not let the golie skate up ice and try to score. If it's a blow out, it could make any otherwise boring game more interesting.

HAHAHA! Well Jerrico has played in a few of those Rangers fund raising games.

Yeah, that's the cup I was referring to. I don't think I could get too excited about having that one in my town.

As for the goalie thing, while it might be cute, it's pretty much meaningless. No goalie is going to leave his goal in the middle of a game and play forward! He's be a moron to do so. I agree that its stupid to not allow him to do it, but it's also stupid to make him untouchable when he goes outside of his crease-including behind the goal. THAT rules needs to be changed. I do like elimination of the red line. It would speed up the game tremendously and put an emphasis on passing and skating. Defenses will look much different than today.

In any case, these are obviously not the issues at the bargaining table. It would be interesting to know what the agents are thinking. Some of their clients are tier 1 and some are rookies. Lot's of monetary disparity between those two.

The the two players came out in the media backing a cap, I was astonished. But you'll notice, it got shut up really quickly after their last meeting. No dissention. Wonder how they gagged those guys????

detroit diver:
The the two players came out in the media backing a cap, I was astonished. But you'll notice, it got shut up really quickly after their last meeting. No dissention. Wonder how they gagged those guys????

How do you think they gagged them?? There is no shortage of thugs in the NHL. Wherever they come from, they'll never run out.

Lord Stanley has probably been there long enough to declare residency and vote in the election this week.

:mad1: While I don't know much about the politics of the lock-out, I do know I miss the games

I am a 5th Year Thrashers season ticket holder, missing the games quite a bit. I told the Thrashers to keep my money hoping it applies to "next" season, but I'm starting to think I will be getting my money back (dry suit anyone?). LOL, horrible, I'm dying without hockey. The Thrashers keep trying to send me tickets to "free" events at phillips arena. Stuff like Finding Nemo on Ice, cruddy concerts, and NBA Hawks games. I don't want any of this, I want hockey.

Matt

I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL and lets face it the Panthers pretty much suck. But I still miss the games, the fights, the pretzels. Not to mention it is about the only time I get to wear winter clothes, LOL. I went to 13 games in a row and never saw them win, but I love the game.

Yeah very good point. Even most of the players are huring because of a handfull of spoiled superstars or in my teams case, spoiled has beens!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom