Non GUE DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere:
And if it wasn't already a moot point then it would be now, with non-GUE DIR classes being offered, every tech website having a DIR section, as well as the specDIR thing. Now that its in the vernacular its pretty much fair game.

Agreed. It's the diving world equivalent to the term "Xerox".

Does this mean that a GUE forum will be created in addition to the DIR one? :D

Derek S:
Agreed. It's the diving world equivalent to the term "Xerox".

Does this mean that a GUE forum will be created in addition to the DIR one? :D

Please!!! Noooo!!!!
Then we'd have to have a NAUI forum and a Padi forum etc. etc. add infinitum.............. :11:

Charlie99:
Halcyon, not GUE, is the company that attempted to trademark both "DIR" and "Doing It Right". The application was rejected. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=35054&highlight=trademark+Halcyon+DIR

I see it was doomed from the start.

application:
Word Mark DIR
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Diving, snorkeling and scuba equipment, namely, tanks, fins... snorkels, masks, flippers....

Check it out! Fins AND flippers are included. Where can I get a set of DIR flippers? :D

melfox26:
Maybe you should sign up for SIR (Spell-It-Right)-Fundamentals as you seem to demonstrate a lack of spelling prowess yourself. If you're going to slam others for their spelling, you should really spell-check your own posts first. That way, you don't look like a complete fool.

Mel

Hahaha good point. Next thing you know he will be sending his log book and cash to a complete stranger just to keep his rating!

Section 1.8.5

http://www.gue.com/classroom/standards/PDF/GUE_Standards_2003v2a.pdf

Are my Speedos DIR???

Well, narcT, I can understand your position.

If you hold a card that says you can do a deco dive to 250' on trimix, and you don't dive for four years, then by god you should be able to do a deco dive to 250'!

narcT:
Are my Speedos DIR???
No...Only George's are

jonnythan:
Well, narcT, I can understand your position.

If you hold a card that says you can do a deco dive to 250' on trimix, and you don't dive for four years, then by god you should be able to do a deco dive to 250'!

I need to send a total stranger my log book and cash to tell me that's not a good idea?

If you're saying people are that stupid the government should start regulating the sport ASAP!!!! :07:

GUE requires that you do x number of dives in x number of time for your training level to remain current. If you don't do enough dives at that training level you lose practice and you lose the certification.

Sending in your log book and paying for the administrative overhead is the only way to have a paper trail as evidence that you're adhering to the standards of the certification.

If you have a better way to track the practice level of all of an agency's certified divers to ensure that they're maintaining their level of training, I'd love to hear about it.

As far as every other agency is concerned, if you're certified to deco dive, you can be out of diving for 15 years, then come back and you're still certified to deco dive.

You think this makes more sense?

Those eyes are NOT DIR, they are DIFreaky!

Mark

JeffG:
No...Only George's are

mweitz:
Those eyes are NOT DIR, they are DIFreaky!

Mark

So I stop in on the *DIR forum* and I see Jeff's and Jonnythan's avatars...

I'm getting a weird feeling. :icon10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom