Not part of Greater China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....the new forum has been approved and should be up shortly.

Thanks! Once again you guys came through and did the right thing.

Definitely an auspicious start to the new lunar year!!!

Good luck to the new forum, safe dives!

FWIW, the new forum has been approved and should be up shortly.

Staff gave the go ahead for this and another new forum. If nothing crazy comes up, I'll try and sit down to create them and get them set up one night this week.

Cave Diver, and the staff,

That's excellent news - many many thanks, :D and if you could get all the old Taiwan threads from old into the new forum it would be great.

At the moment am on Green Island, with a group of 16 - here to dive (we hope) with the schooling hammerheads - first dive tomorrow, so fingers crossed !!

Cheers

Almost forgot - my side of the bargain was if you give Taiwan it's little own forum - another donation from me to the Scubaboard legal defence will be forthcoming -- will do that later this week. cheers.

The new Taiwan forum has been created and is located under the Asia subforum. I've also moved 28 threads from the China forum to the new forum.

If there are any other threads that *need* to be moved, post them here and I'll get them taken care of as well.

If someone familiar with that region would like to provide a forum description for me to add to the forum name, post it here so I can include that as well. Any other issues, let me know and we'll see about getting them addressed.

Thank You, much appreciated and myself and the Taiwan divers I am currently with on Green Island.

Hammerhead diving report soon to be placed !

Cheers

Description - A forum talking place for those in Taiwan, who have dived in Taiwan or are thinking about visiting the island christened as "formosa" meaning beautiful place. Plenty of Taiwanese divers on the island together with quite a few foreigners diving North Coast, South coast and off the islands where corals, fish and sharks all make it an out of the way place where the diving surprises all visitors.

Last edited:
The new Taiwan forum has been created and is located under the Asia subforum. I've also moved 28 threads from the China forum to the new forum.

If there are any other threads that *need* to be moved, post them here and I'll get them taken care of as well.
---------------

Cavediver,

Description was OK right ?

There are a couple of useful threads in "General Asia" that should also be moved into "Taiwan" section -

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/general-asia/314792-taiwan-green-island-trip-report.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/general-asia/330218-taiwan-orchid-island-trip-report.html

there's also

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/general-asia/302996-diving-taiwan.html

Cheers

---------------

Cavediver,

Description was OK right ?
Done.

& Done!

If someone familiar with that region would like to provide a forum description for me to add to the forum name, post it here so I can include that as well. Any other issues, let me know and we'll see about getting them addressed.
Many thanks for giving Taiwan it's own dive forum. As an instructor based in Taiwan and trip organizer for diving around Taiwan I get many requests from divers overseas about the diving here. I can now happily direct them to all the information compiled here over the past few years. Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy Year of the Rabbit. Have safe and great dives. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom