October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa..if you would rather camp, I am sure there is somebody with an extra tent and/or air mattress. The rest is just details. As for a motel room, I know there is one near the interstate, which is about 10 miles away.

Scuba_Jenny:
Lisa..if you would rather camp, I am sure there is somebody with an extra tent and/or air mattress. The rest is just details. As for a motel room, I know there is one near the interstate, which is about 10 miles away.

Thanks Jenny
If any one does have room for 2 extra campers, it would be great. All of our camping equipment, including pop up are permanently installed at Portage Quarry in Ohio, We do not have much storage space at our little villa on Hilton Head. We will also need to rent some tanks since those are staying in Michigan. Do you know whether we have to reserve them in advance?

You can rent tanks at Ginnie. I have a small tent that cozily fits two....and you are welcome to use.

Scuba_Jenny:
You can rent tanks at Ginnie. I have a small tent that cozily fits two....and you are welcome to use.

Thank you Jenny!
We might take you up on your offer. Now, maybe we can come up with a couple of cots and sleeping bags. We started to look for those last spring and ended up buying an old pop up instead. It is too old to travel that far. Gave all of our camping stuff away when the kids grew up, finished college and moved far away. Now that we are retired, we have more time to do fun things such as camping and diving!
I hope that we can make it down to the MegaDive!
Lisa

Virus who? ;P
Second, Andy who?
Oh yeah! "The Litigator"! I'll be back, but my dive reel won't!

I'll update the attendee list as it comes closer. If you're not on the list it does NOT mean you aren't invited! Show up anyway! This is just to get a rough guesstimate for food and site setup.

On tents, I will have my standard Mansion with extended guest house, as well as the new west wing addition. For those of you who aren't familiar with my megadive tents, that means a HUGE spare tent for late drops and those without tentage. I believe it's a ten by twelve family tent. I can bring some extra blankets as well.

For those asking what to bring to help out;
(Oak preferred) firewood to cook on, or have campfires with.
Charcoal for grilling always helps.
Chicken leg quarters from a grocery store. Ice runs are done as needed, although I will have at least three large coolers, possibly more.
Sodas, Chips, side dishes.
Omelet stuff; eggs, mushrooms, peppers, salsa, shredded cheese, tomatoes, and whatever else you like in your omelets.
I'll probably be bringing pancake stuff this time out as well, so syrup, and or jams, berries and jellies may not be a bad thought. Peanut butter and jelly for the kids, plenty of bread. If all else fails, throw some money in the donation tank for grocery runs as needed.

There's always a need for kid safe insect repellants as well!
Lawyer repellant wouldn't be a bad thought either, OH! Hi Andy! Didn't see you standing there with your tangled reel. No, you can't use a piece of string to untangle the reel. That only works on tanks.

I'll bring a bunch of 2 liters and chips-n-dip again, its the easiest thing for me to bring since I don't have to keep em cold. I wont' have a large icechest with me since whatever vehicle I take will be packed with camping/diving gear. 6+ hour drive for me, if I bring something that needs to be chilled, it'll definately spoil.

lisa4516:
Don and I might be able to come down for this dive, more representatives from GLWC! We will not have any camping equipment, is there a nearby hotel or motel?
We would gladly bring some rum, white wine, and some of my death by chocolate dessert! We will be missing the GLWC Meet and Greet this weekend since we will be on our way to Hilton Head for the winter! Hope to do lots of Florida diving this year
We'll be packing in as much camping gear(spare tents,lanterns and such)as will fit in our Broco(After diving gear, of course)
These will be up for grabs to use by anyone who has the need
As well, if it rains we will wimp out and stay in our favorite local hotel(location top secret,will only devulge said info after we book our room. lol)

my list:

1. beer
2. beer
3. more beer
4. shotgun to keep Ken away from my beer
5. beer
6. ice
7. cooler
8. ditch the ice and pack more beer
9. first aid supplies to keep Ken fit enough to cook
10. beer

Well Andy is gonna be well stocked. I think that you would make a great Cabana boy. Especially since my formar cabana boy is not going. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom