Olympus C-750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bloop once bubbled...
Guess I will have to wait... 90 days for the Ikelite ones...

:(

PT-018 is Olympus housing for C-750 and it's available world wide. Ikelite housing will be probably rated 60m (Olympus is 40m) but it will probably be more expensive (at least three times). If 40m is OK for you and you don't want to spend more then 170$ for housing then go for Olympus.

Does anyone know how the hotshoe integrates with the housing? Are there contacts in the housing to attach a sync cord?
Again, forgive me, I'm a newbie

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if the C-720 has a waterproof case ?

String once bubbled...
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if the C-720 has a waterproof case ?

Ikelite has it (as you can see at link posted above). I don't think that Olympus produced one.

MonkSeal once bubbled...

PT-018 is Olympus housing for C-750 and it's available world wide. Ikelite housing will be probably rated 60m (Olympus is 40m) but it will probably be more expensive (at least three times). If 40m is OK for you and you don't want to spend more then 170$ for housing then go for Olympus.

If the Ikelite is rated 60M, then maybe it is worth considering.

But you are probably right about the pricing except it is not 170$ it is 170pounds..

Bloop once bubbled...

If the Ikelite is rated 60M, then maybe it is worth considering.

But you are probably right about the pricing except it is not 170$ it is 170pounds..

AFAIK the Adorama price is $160. You can also find it at other on-line sellers or eBay for $170 to $200. Try to look at sites posted in this forum (use search PT-018 or PT-015 to find posts related to this subject).

Ugh dont know how i missed that skimming the url posted in the first place.

Unfortunately its a $600 price tag which could translate to £500.

The camera itself only costs about £200 now so its a little bit expensive for what is in the end only a simple low end 3 mpixel digital camera.

I'll stick to my Canon A40 and the £90 waterproof case for now i think.

MonkSeal once bubbled...

AFAIK the Adorama price is $160. You can also find it at other on-line sellers or eBay for $170 to $200. Try to look at sites posted in this forum (use search PT-018 or PT-015 to find posts related to this subject).

Thanks for the link.

I got the 170 pounds price from Benzonar. So I dont know much about the internet prices... in fact, I did not even know the model is PT-018.

Well, as for internet purchasing.. it is out for me.

I had an Oxycheq Wing shipped to me and it cost me close to USD50.00 inclusive of taxes and handling charges... arrggghhhh havent they heard of under-declaration?

And anyway, LP does not ship to Singapore... they emailed me the reason :
<For Security Reasons, we do not ship to Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia.>

Guess I will have to wait till it arrives in Singapore.

Hi,

I read some reviews about C750 cameras.....you can visit them at http://www.imaging-resource.com and www.clnet.com

According the reviews this long barrel camera's shutter lag is pretty slow. And the Macro shots may not yield very good results.

Most important of all and my reason for holding on to wait and see is the instability of the camera...distortion can be bad especially when the ISO settings go higher.

Anyone tried? I was wondering once underwater no matter how good your bouyancy is any slight current could affect our camera's output???

Can someone advice me on this...thanks

The macros cant really capture the fast frames... think it has got something to do with the frame speed.

Anyway, the Auto mode is superb... in fact I now use the Auto mode for nearly everything.. The results are much better than the
landscape or close shots. In fact, for night shots the Auto mode also outperforms the other modes.

Probably I am a lousy photographer, so the Auto mode outperforms everything else I do. But you should see the difference (I did an experiment taking a shot in Auto and another in other modes). Sigh.... gotta brush up my skills.. camera better than me.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom