Olympus C-750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petr:
Hi all,

I am quite happy with my combination of C-750 and PT-018, but there is no wide angle lense on my radar. Any experience?

Petr

Have you looked at Sea & Sea? They are totally compatable

Petr:
I am VERY interested in your results.

I enquired about this combination in September last year and after long search I was informed by Inon that the UWL-100 Wide lens will not work properly with the PT-018 housing and Olympus C-740 or 750 camera's. The UWL-100 Type 2 can be attached to PT-018 physically, but UWL-100 is NOT compatible to PT-018 as it was designed for 1/1.8 inch CCD and 3x Zoom Lens. C750UZ has 1/2.7 inch CCD and 10x Zoom Lens, and ... the peripheral of image has been somewhat less quality than those of compatible Camera.

Summary is that it apparently does work but the outer edges of the image are so out of focus that they are not recommending this lens for use with this housing.

My feeling is that this statement is too cautious and that at least for wide angle setting it is likely to be OK. At the same time I was under circumstances reluctant to go ahead with purchase.

If you can send me any reasonable samples of your under water photos with UWL-100 I would be only too happy to go and get one too ...

Kind regards

Petr

please use following address for attachements:

<UWL-100@baum.com.au>

Not sure my last reply posted, Have you looked at Sea & Sea for the wide angle lens? Most are 100% compatable with this housing

Have you looked at Sea nad Sea lens? Most are compatable with this housing

Petr:
I am VERY interested in your results.

I enquired about this combination in September last year and after long search I was informed by Inon that the UWL-100 Wide lens will not work properly with the PT-018 housing and Olympus C-740 or 750 camera's. The UWL-100 Type 2 can be attached to PT-018 physically, but UWL-100 is NOT compatible to PT-018 as it was designed for 1/1.8 inch CCD and 3x Zoom Lens. C750UZ has 1/2.7 inch CCD and 10x Zoom Lens, and ... the peripheral of image has been somewhat less quality than those of compatible Camera.

Summary is that it apparently does work but the outer edges of the image are so out of focus that they are not recommending this lens for use with this housing.

My feeling is that this statement is too cautious and that at least for wide angle setting it is likely to be OK. At the same time I was under circumstances reluctant to go ahead with purchase.

If you can send me any reasonable samples of your under water photos with UWL-100 I would be only too happy to go and get one too ...

Kind regards

Petr

please use following address for attachements:

<UWL-100@baum.com.au>

Tried a couple of shots while in Mexico over the weekend. Initially the results look good. Don't see any distortion or focus problems.

Will take more at end of June in Keys (FL). Should be better able to utilize the WAL due to better visibilities in the Keys.

Once I get my act together, I'll post the results.

Back
Top Bottom