Olympus C-750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,

Did you manage to take the photos U/W ? Possible to enlighten me? I am half hearted between the 5050 and 750 partly because of my budget. But I have yet to see photos taken using Ultra series camera...possible to mail me? Thanks....my e-mail is addroger@yahoo.com

cheers

h3o once bubbled...
I have a C-730 (pretty much the same camera except lower megapixels) and have been getting decent results from it without using a strobe. The camera has some great and easy to use function modes as well as detailed manual settings. The 10X optical zoom was the selling point for me... great camera, you should get it. If you want to see some photos I shot using the C-730, email me at fusion21@earthlink.net

Or... you could post a few here for all to see. I'm also torn but between the C-750 and the Canon S-50.

a digital camera mag in the uk reviewed the 730 and 740 and gave them a real crap review.

as the 750 is the same camera apart from more pixels, i cant see it being any better.

Hey...I thought that the 750 is pretty good?

Read the updated brochure mentioned about the capability to snap at ISO 50 ! Of course the 720,730 cannot match this. Except for 740 does but the flash would be disabled....

Has anyone actually used this set U/W before?

Have seen pictures taken by 5050 as well as 4000z .... difference mainly in their pixel and focal length ....

Bloop once bubbled...
U/W....

I am still waiting for the housing to arrive in Singapore
:upset:

hey....I am in Singapore and I have actually feel the housing already....you can visit funan centre 5th floor somewhere in the centre you will find a shop call zoom...something .... they give very reasonable price.....last I know of is the housing can be purchased for less than 340 include tax !!!

The PT-018 has been announced, but not yet released, by Olympus US. Adorama and B&H Photo have it listed on their web sites, but don't yet show availability. From what I understand from Ryan at www.uwcp.com, it's anyone's guess when they actually make units available. Could be today, could be next month.

Right now, they're readily available from vendors in Japan. While they would only have the Olympus Japan warranty, with a housing that's slightly less worrisome than say with a strobe. I'm currently working with Ryan to put together a setup for the C-750.

I played with a 750 for a month topside and was very pleased with it. Ultra Zooms do have some idiosyncracies, including a slower full focus time, but if you utilize the half-press method, the shutter lag is actually extremely short. Shorter even than the 5050 using pre-focus.

You will definitely want a focus assist light (either on tray or strobe) for underwater, as low-light focus can be a bit of a challenge with this camera, but that's not a bad idea anyway.

I'll be shooting with my setup in November and definitely will have pictures then. In the meantime, if anyone wants the benefit of my research, feel free to holler. I'll share whatever I know.

Topside pictures can be found here: First Pictures and here: Water Lily and Friends. These are all unedited except for size, and as you can see, at 10X, use of a monopod/tripod is generally indicated. However, up to 7-8X handheld is no problem as can be seen in the final Water Lily picture with the bee. That was taken from about 7 feet away. All the pictures were at least 4-5 feet away.

Amber

I am still waiting for the housing to arrive in Singapore
Bloop, if you can't find it in Singapore (or are in a hurry) then try Yuzo ( info at naturephoto.co.jp ) at uwdigitalcamera.com. He'll ship it to you by EMS and you should have it in your hands in 3-4 days. Not sure if you have to pay any taxes/duties but it's available for Y19,500 (S$300 approx.) + postage (another S$30-S$40 maybe?).
On the website check out the topside macro shots with the C750 (under Housings >> Olympus PT-018).

ReyeR:

Thanks for the info... was in a hurry last week. Now just back from diving in Bali.... only used the camera topside :(

Burbunny:

I will definitely take up your offer of tips when I get my housing and start playing with the camera underwater. I have the full set of accessories incl the tripod so this weekend maybe go play with some macros.... (I have always used Auto and it is already WOW)

Scubadudee:

Did you see if the housing has got flash diffuser? 340 is not bad a price. I will try to go down to Funan these 2 days.. (got lots of work to catch up)

Thanks guys
:)

Back
Top Bottom