Opinions on Salvos as DIR lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah ok. I bought my light last fall (winter) but hadn't seen any plastic. Didn't see any plastic on the lights at Salvo either so I hadn't seen this. Anyone got pics?

Ah ok. I bought my light last fall (winter) but hadn't seen any plastic. Didn't see any plastic on the lights at Salvo either so I hadn't seen this. Anyone got pics?

IMG_4054.jpg

Complete with crack! and it hasn't even been in the water yet.

Also got a weird piece of elastic strapping with it for no obvious reason.

C'mon Salvo - get rid of this piece of crap and put a proper Goodman handle on there.

Also got a weird piece of elastic strapping with it for no obvious reason.

C'mon Salvo - get rid of this piece of crap and put a proper Goodman handle on there.

Yea...I'm not impressed. A step backwards if you ask me.

I'm of the opinion that all goodman handles should be metal, and all HIDs should come equipped with thumb loops and tekna knives...

knife5.jpg

I'm of the opinion that all goodman handles should be metal, and all HIDs should come equipped with thumb loops and tekna knives...

Time to buy Halcyon? :eyebrow:

knife5.jpg

I'm of the opinion that all gear purchases should be based around the type of diving you plan to use it for ... there are no universal solutions that are optimal in all conditions.

Tekna knives rust ... I have two of them in my save-a-dive kit where their primary use is to cut the ends off of zip-ties. I have no use for dive gear that rusts ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Time to buy Halcyon? :eyebrow:

:confused:

Huh? That is from an H 18w HID...

Rainer:
I guess if you scooter and only dive around thin line.
I don't scooter, and I don't dive around "just thin line". However, you'd be surprised how nice the thumb loop is for everyday diving...

I'm of the opinion that all gear purchases should be based around the type of diving you plan to use it for ... there are no universal solutions that are optimal in all conditions.

Tekna knives rust ... I have two of them in my save-a-dive kit where their primary use is to cut the ends off of zip-ties. I have no use for dive gear that rusts ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thumb loop would be nice though. I've been eyeing Tobin's (cause I'm too lazy to make my own)

Then...take better care of it? I haven't had mine do any serious rusting; just a bit of rust where the metal connects to the plastic. No big deal; easily wiped off. Besides, they're relatively cheap (compared to how much any of us spend on diving) and easily replaced.
Do you have Tobin's knife that comes with his complete setups? I've seen way more of those rust than Tekna knives...

Sheesh, I never imagined I'd get shot down for posting that. :shakehead:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom