Padi dive master swim test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 minutes with your hands out of the water or the whole entire arm? God darn that sounds hard as hell. I can do 8 minute tread with hand and arms in the water and thats tuff enough shoot

Its very easy, dont be scared about it.
Use your lungs for buoyancy , with full lungs, your not going to sink very fast...dont wear your self out the first 13 minutes, just relax and keep your head out of the water, for the last 2 minutes, breath deeply and slowly,it will help you more than you realize

I have a question about this swim test that's unclear to be in the book.

1. 400m swim can you do back strokes or does your chest have to be pointed to the water?

2. 15m tread my question is can you float on your back?
It is in the Instructor Manual which should have been included in your course. Were you looking in the Divemaster manual?

Exercise 1: 400-Metre/Yard Swim
Swim 400 metres/yards nonstop, without swimming aids and using any stroke or combination of strokes.

Exercise 2: 15-minute Tread
Tread water, drown-proof, bob or float using no aids and wearing only a swimsuit for 15 minutes, with hands (not arms) out of the water during the last two minutes.​

thanks next time I'll be sure not to read too much into it I just taken swim test in the military that have stipulations like must be face in the water and chest type of swims

---------- Post added July 28th, 2013 at 12:37 AM ----------

If the answers aren't clear for you, you'll have fun with Physics and Physiology then

academics, come extremely easy for me it's just my physical body hates being put to the test lol

---------- Post added July 28th, 2013 at 12:38 AM ----------

If the answers aren't clear for you, you'll have fun with Physics and Physiology then

academics, come extremely easy for me it's just my physical body hates being put to the test lol

---------- Post added July 28th, 2013 at 12:40 AM ----------

Whats is drown-proofing or bob?

Www.google.com

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

---------- Post added July 28th, 2013 at 05:52 AM ----------

I guess becoming a DM is not as selective as I thought.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks

lol at all of this...

The 400 is any stroke or combination of strokes. Your choice. Tread water, float or drown proof the only things that matter are not touching the side of the pool and hands out of the water the last two minutes.

Just wait for the 800 Meter for instructor! It is boring!

Just wait for the 800 Meter for instructor! It is boring!

Mine was in the southern Caribbean and there was plenty of reef to look at. Not to mention it is untimed and mask/snorkel/fins. I thought, jeez, way to threaten me with a good time with a nice snorkeling adventure! I took my time and enjoyed it. Really got a kick out of the other people busting ass, using their arms, and pretending it was some sort of race. They sure were tired the rest of the morning lol.

Back
Top Bottom