PADI lacking Solo Diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree to a certain extent. I do see where your comen from. But I beleive alot of people would feel like in some ways PADI was giving the ok for solo diving. The research I've seen suggest that we should never dive alone. Even with the buddy system people are dying, even dive instructors. I think it would just encourage people to dive alone.

I went solo diving this morning ... even though I've never taken a solo diving course, PADI or otherwise.

On the other hand, I started solo diving after having logged a couple thousand dives, some in excess of 200 feet.

I also dive inside caves ... and occasionally inside wrecks. To date, my deepest solo dive was to 176 feet ... and I did the dive on 18/45 with EAN50 for deco.

I would not go to a country that "outlawed" solo diving ... not because they didn't allow solo, but because I wouldn't want to spend my money in a place where the government felt they had the right to make that decision for me.

People who feel the need to restrict how someone else dives shouldn't, themselves, engage in diving. If you're so afraid of getting hurt, take up knitting ... just be careful not to stick yourself in the arse with the needle ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Knowone's last comment is how I have been, I take people diving, yet never see them in the water, My last buddy dive was my wife, that was almost two years ago. Went and hooked a mooring up yesterday and only saw my buddy twice. The funny thing was he was going to do this himself, and ask me to help. I found the tie off, went up got chain and hooked it, while he was still looking or something I never asked.

When we departed he said I never thought it would take two people. some divers think just being in the water in the general area is buddy diving.

The other thing is, once I throw in anchor, turn motor off, in three minutes I am ascending. I just never could understand what the hold up is, you just gear up and fall in the water.

Happy Diving

Hey nwgd

If you would not go to a country that banned solo diving just because it should be your choice to make why are you in America? We have lots of laws to tell you what to do and not to do.

just saying...........maybe i should duck i see the scuba gear flying already :sofa:

Hey nwgd

If you would not go to a country that banned solo diving just because it should be your choice to make why are you in America? We have lots of laws to tell you what to do and not to do.

just saying...........maybe i should duck i see the scuba gear flying already :sofa:
I solo dive here regularly. When the government decides that they have the right to tell me not to, I'll leave ... or be truly American and do it anyway ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

To which country would one move to find one that does not have laws telling you what you can and cannot do?

Somalia is a good bet.
I wouldnt neccesarilly call it a GOOD bet to move there, but its definetly a ballsy one..

Somalia is a good bet.
Right. Missed that. The only problem with that is that you have to pay for an armed boat tender while you are diving.

Right. Missed that. The only problem with that is that you have to pay for an armed boat tender while you are diving.
And that itself has inherent problems too - like is he gonna be there with your boat when you surface :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom