Padi Master scuba diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anywhere in MN or the surrounding states that even offers GUE classes? I looked and didn't see any. If there was, would there be a decent benefit (to fit the price) to takings the class after doing OW, AOW, Night, deep, nitrox, navigation, wreck, and rescue (all PADI)?

None of those classes focus on the same thing that Fundies focuses on.

As time goes on, though, shops agencies other than GUE are offering similar classes. If you were in Colorado and a couple of other places, for example, you could take a PADI class that covers very similar ground. Some agencies are offering classes they are calling Tech/REc (or something like that) that are also similar. It is hard to find out about such things, though, so you would really have to ask around.

Is there anywhere in MN or the surrounding states that even offers GUE classes? I looked and didn't see any. If there was, would there be a decent benefit (to fit the price) to takings the class after doing OW, AOW, Night, deep, nitrox, navigation, wreck, and rescue (all PADI)?

I don't know of anywhere in Minnesota that offers GUE classes...I went to Mexico for Fundamentals.

I did Fundamentals after completing OW, AOW, 5 specialties, Rescue and Divemaster and got a lot out of Fundamentals. I found there wasn't a lot of overlap since Fundamentals has a focus on perfecting basic skills while my other classes required decent basic skills but had focus elsewhere.

My reasons for taking Fundamentals were primarily as a stepping stone to Cave diving, but have since learned that it is a great class to take even if cave diving isn't on the horizon.

My reasons for taking Fundamentals were primarily as a stepping stone to Cave diving, but have since learned that it is a great class to take even if cave diving isn't on the horizon.

That was the reason Fundies was created originally--as an introduction to cave diving. All agencies that teach cave diving will be able to teach those skills as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom