Possibilities of a DIR-F??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Derek, I don't mind the questions at all!! The instructor who teaches rebreathers, I spent 2 weeks with him. I feel that are very safe. After all, you do carry a stage also! Redundant computers to run the thing too. I would never buy one online, but from this instructor, hence I could actually train on my own rebreather, as he could buy it for me, I train on it then I own it! The bottomtime it gives you it worth it to me. I've dove with rebreather divers several times, I know how to take them apart, clean them and pack them. For me, it's a better route then doubles. (also it's lighter!)

If I could just win the lottery I'd love to join you for some rebreather training!!

Last year Dallas and Darryl were setting up a week in Fla Training on rebreathers. I don't know what happened, but the trip never came to be.

Deep Trimix dives would be a lot easier with a rebreather instead of all those tanks!! :D

I couldn't justify to myself the cost/use ratio of a rebreather. We only have about 6 really good diveable months a year here, and the lack of buddies who have rebreathers & training would be a hinderance to me.

Like Tavi, if I win the lottery, I'd consider it. For the time being, I'm just going to have to go the 'ol fashioned route.

jonnythan:

For most divers, this is true. I'm a year-round guy, but most around here have wetsuits Jon.

BTW - PM coming your way....

i've found the addition of just two more valves trying to kill me to be interesting and enlightening. i'll need a lot more experience before i start to think about adding a scrubber trying to kill me...

lamont:
i've found the addition of just two more valves trying to kill me to be interesting and enlightening. i'll need a lot more experience before i start to think about adding a scrubber trying to kill me...

Thank you for helping me make my point Lamont. :D

Derek S:
For most divers, this is true. I'm a year-round guy, but most around here have wetsuits Jon.

BTW - PM coming your way....
it's true for me. I dive wet and have a limited dive season. One day I'll have a dry suite, but not at the moment. I too, intend on taking DIR-F in September. I'm really looking forward to what I'll learn. I got a BP/W and new regulator with hoses but I wanted these things anyway. Besides, I'll now sell my old back inflate BC on ebay. It's a good BC so I won't feel badly selling it and my old regulator to someone.

Derek S:
I couldn't justify to myself the cost/use ratio of a rebreather. We only have about 6 really good diveable months a year here, and the lack of buddies who have rebreathers & training would be a hinderance to me.

Like Tavi, if I win the lottery, I'd consider it. For the time being, I'm just going to have to go the 'ol fashioned route.

Okay..........if we're not getting 'breathers........How about Scooters!! :D

Nah.........can't afford one of them for a while either :(

Tavi:
Okay..........if we're not getting 'breathers........How about Scooters!! :D
They are fun, but can be almost as dangerous as a rebreather. It can be a very quick way to get into trouble.

Back
Top Bottom