Recommendations for divemaster course in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is there any way i can make a few baht out the forum divers?

where are they? do they actually dive? do they actually exist beyond internet forums,? Have they real names?

less speak,more do!!

risking being banned , like i care, load of time -w***ers , i think

Last edited:

where are they? do they actually dive? do they actually exist beyond internet forums,? Have they real names?

less speak,more do!!

risking being banned , like i care, load of w***ers , i think

You made the mistake of forming the STD certifying agency instead of the ITD agency. Major screw-up on your part.

Have another pint for me on this fine Friday evening.

John

You made the mistake of forming the STD certifying agency instead of the ITD agency. Major screw-up on your part.

Have another pint for me on this fine Friday evening.

John

Ah, but the Self Trained Divers agency saved me a lot on training, so it did make sense!

But my point is, there are a few divers on this forum with real names, who go diving, like you John, but there's a whole lot more with pseudonyms who I've never seen on a boat.

Dive operators post under their real names and have to put up with a load of anonymous moaning, but does it work? are we actually taking these guys diving and making some money?

I'd like to hear from the dive operators who do.

Thanks for the pint , John, I've put it on your bill!

Diving a wreck in the English Channel next Saturday, so I'll be using all my STD skills for sure.

Jamie if you really launch the STD agency then lll have to work instead of just messing around on here,you know eating sandwiches and all that.

But STD divers great name for a store in Patong or nr walking street....Have to bleach the wetsuits mind after rental.

HAve fun next week with your wreck diving.

Gary S** t I mean Stiggy.

Simple philosophy that served me well up untill selling my business 3 years ago. I was in NDT.
Provide a proffesional, efficient and courteous service that your customers want, at a value for money price.
Most busineses (if not all) that I have dealt with in all walks of life that have done that seem to prosper.

Hope you get good weather for your dive next week, let us know how you get on.

John

Hope you get good weather for your dive next week, let us know how you get on.

John

I'll go on the boat but there's a chance I'll bottle out. UK diving in Feb isn't what the doctor ordered , (I'm supposed to be sick but don't feel it). Anything is better than sitting around booking divers for trips in sunny Thailand looking at the snow.

I'll let you know how we get on

Cheers

Jamie

But my point is, there are a few divers on this forum with real names, who go diving, like you John, but there's a whole lot more with pseudonyms who I've never seen on a boat.
I have a real name, I go diving too. Just got back from Phuket, after completing a few dives there. I'll be diving in the UK tomorrow and every day the weather allows me to.

Do you know the name of every person who has been on a boat with you? I don't but I have been on a lot of boats.

I'll go on the boat but there's a chance I'll bottle out. UK diving in Feb isn't what the doctor ordered , (I'm supposed to be sick but don't feel it). Anything is better than sitting around booking divers for trips in sunny Thailand looking at the snow.

I'll let you know how we get on

Cheers

Jamie

Go for it, after the initial shock of the cold when you first get in, you know you will enjoy it. :wink:
Might sound strange to some, but wish I was there to dive with you. Only for the diving of course, no desire to be there any length of time at all in feb.
My UK diving exploits now are usually limited to september when I take my anual holiday.
You never know we might actually meet on a boat one day, thats if we haven't already of course.

I have a real name, I go diving too. Just got back from Phuket, after completing a few dives there. I'll be diving in the UK tomorrow and every day the weather allows me to.

Do you know the name of every person who has been on a boat with you? I don't but I have been on a lot of boats.

Brilliant, another real diver with a real name, I'm feeling a bit better now after my rant. Sorry about that.

Sometimes I feel that us dive operators just get pushed around a bit by the same old ( not real) names arguing about every little thing and telling us how we should operate and not much diving actually takes place.

Mind you , it gets fun when they're all having a go at each other!

And in my mind some of the best diving to be had right on your doorstep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom