Recommendations for divemaster course in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And in my mind some of the best diving to be had right on your doorstep.
So true, we have some excellent wrecks and reefs. Vis up to 30m on a good day and there's usually somewhere to hide from the weather.

Can be cold though, water was 6 degrees on Friday and my drysuit had a major leak. I was very cold and still had another dive to do!

Going back to the OP's question, it's all down to the instructor not the centre nor the location.

Going back to the OP's question, it's all down to the instructor not the centre nor the location.
True, but at a good DC you will in general find good instructors, and at a not so good DC the not so good ones.
Also location does play a role in that. In certain areas are higher quality DC's than in other areas. in El Gouna Egypt e.g. you will be hard pressed to find bad DC's, go to Hurghada 20 km further South and you'll find plenty of the latter.

True, but at a good DC you will in general find good instructors, and at a not so good DC the not so good ones.
Also location does play a role in that. In certain areas are higher quality DC's than in other areas. in El Gouna Egypt e.g. you will be hard pressed to find bad DC's, go to Hurghada 20 km further South and you'll find plenty of the latter.
It's still down to the instructor then, just don't go to a bad centre to find a good instructor. But what makes a good dive centre?

So true, we have some excellent wrecks and reefs. Vis up to 30m on a good day and there's usually somewhere to hide from the weather.

Can be cold though, water was 6 degrees on Friday and my drysuit had a major leak. I was very cold and still had another dive to do!

Yes I was diving in the Scilies last September, best diving I have done for years.
Also I agree with your statement about 'it's down to the instructor'. Hence my constant objection to the use of, quite often inexperienced individuals as dive guides that are themselves customers at the DC either on DM or IDC internships. But that choice I am afraid is 100% down to the DC because they chose to use one paying customer to take care of another, rather than employ proffesional staff.

my UK dive was cancelled due to weather. Glad I didn't have to wimp out!

Trying again on the 13th March, can't wait.

Hope you get better luck with the weather next time.

Thats the main prob with UK diving is the reliance on the weather. Not only the diving I suppose, any outdoor activity.

There's some great old and new stuff on the scillies.

I'm not bothered about using interned DM's as dive guides. They probably know the site better than me, they are usually paying for their course by working for the centre i.e. guiding dives. They have probably done rescue & EFR courses more recently than anyone they are guiding so it's not that bad.

Koh Tao isn't the only place. Take at look at our CDC center and our Divemaster internship. Until Dec. 31, it's $300 off.

PADI DIVEMASTER * Aquanauts Thailand Divemaster Internship * Diving Internship, Divemaster Employment, Divemaster PADI, Divemaster Insurance, DIvemaster Curriculum

Yes...I'm looking at it myself.

Sounds pretty good, but how's the diving around Pattaya? I heard it wasn't all that good.

Back
Top Bottom