Roatan Departure tax - 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can pay in Lempiras.
So, what is the final figure as of today (Feb. 21, 2008) in USD or equivalent Lempiras? Please advise. We're leaving on direct flight from Toronto on March 28, 2008. I have L160.00 Lempiras and plenty of USD in small denominations.

When we left Roatan on February 2nd the departure tax was $33 and some change. I think I think I paid $166 for 5 of us.

We've made several trips to Roatan, with more scheduled allready, and I've never had a problem with getting change. I've paid in dollars, lemps, and a combination of both. I've never known anyone who had a problem before this.

Later, Hawk.

We've made several trips to Roatan, with more scheduled allready, and I've never had a problem with getting change. I've paid in dollars, lemps, and a combination of both. I've never known anyone who had a problem before this.

Later, Hawk.

May be they don't like me :confused: Did I mention I was born in El Salvador or may be I did not :confused:

Got back last week and the posted price was $33.19 but she asked for $67.00 for the 2 of us. I wasn't going to argue that it only totaled to $66.38.
Be aware and take a lot of small bills.
I can't count how many situations we were in during our stay when attempting to pay for something the standard reply was "I don't have change" and so generally you end up giving another extra dollar or two for whatever you are purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom