Scuba Mau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magna Boxer must be tall and cannot stand with knees extended to pay for his/her diving

I'm speculating here, but what I believe you are saying is that due to the low ceiling at SM's shop I may have been PO'd that I could not fully stand up, hence my irritation toward SM. If that is the case I assure you the ceiling height was not a factor. If that isn't what you meant then :idk:

While I hesitate to speak for anyone, in his first or second post, he said he nearly went back to BA (meaning Blue Angel) after the first day. From that I'd read that is his preferred op. Where he'd stay is a question I don't know the answer to. Maybe Blue Angel?

Yes, I'll be back at BA from now on. As to what Don said about BA's prices, well... you get what you pay for. While I agree that BA has gone up on their rates, when you factor in the cost of buying your own breakfast and lunch (which is included at BA) the price for our particular package would have actually been cheaper at BA vs. SM and staying at VB while paying for all meals.

It's funny Judy. "Cult" is EXACTLY the word I used last night with someone. :D

Cult,that might not be a bad way to describe it. I went to Trip Advisor and search Scuba Mau. They have 189 reviews, way more then anyone else I could find, and they have a perfect score of 5 stars. One of the largest dive ops on the island only had 37 reviews and they have been around forever. Scuba Mau has not been around very long. Why all the great reviews? What compels so many people to write so many good reviews?

Ah now for the witch hunt. I have a few Ops on my Facebook page. Is that bad too...??

Cult,that might not be a bad way to describe it. I went to Trip Advisor and search Scuba Mau. They have 189 reviews, way more then anyone else I could find, and they have a perfect score of 5 stars. One of the largest dive ops on the island only had 37 reviews and they have been around forever. Scuba Mau has not been around very long. Why all the great reviews? What compels so many people to write so many good reviews?

They even mention that fact on their website. It does make one wonder if it's all on the up and up. The same can be said of internet ratings on products. How do we know the manufacturer isn't on there doing the positive reviews themselves?:idk:

What's to keep a company from coming on here and pretending to be novice divers and tout their shop. This is why I take everything with a grain of salt on any board. Say what you will, but business is ruthless. Some people are willing to misrepresent the truth in order to make their company more appealing. Is Scuba Mau or any other OP doing that... who knows. That's why in my earlier post I said you really can't know if the hype or horror is real until you experience it yourself. I do trust a few people on here who have been around for a long time and seem objective.

I'll bite. I'm thinking about using Aldora on an upcoming trip. What are the skeletons? As a couple of folks mentioned earlier when something was brought up about Scuba Mau, it's not right to complain about an op without detailing the basis of the complaint.

You'll be in great shape---they're the only one we've used for the last 8 trips there.....Now saying this, I'm talking about Aldora...:)

Last edited:
Some people will love a dive op/restaurant/product.

Some people will not love a dive op/restaurant/product.

Why do some feel the need to insult and belittle others just because of a difference of opinion?

They even mention that fact on their website. It does make one wonder if it's all on the up and up. The same can be said of internet ratings on products. How do we know the manufacturer isn't on there doing the positive reviews themselves?:idk:

Because there are no negative reviews. If they sucked they would have some bad reviews. right?

WOW!!! Onto better, more positive things.
Dandy Don made somewhat of a comment for me to choose my words wisely when addressing this community.
That was an understatement.

WOW!!! Onto better, more positive things.
Dandy Don made somewhat of a comment for me to choose my words wisely when addressing this community.
That was an understatement.
:confused: I did? I guess you could say the same to me.

Back
Top Bottom