Scuba Mau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats wierd. Scuba Tony was also a top rated attraction along with Scuba Mau and I do not see him up there either. Who knows whats up.

Well I just checked again, and now Scuba Tony is listed again as #1. Wasn't there the first time I looked.

Last edited by a moderator:
:DScuba ratings are just that...... I work here as a photographer / videographer in Cozumel and have dived with Scuba Mau. The service with Opal and Mau is awesome. From the time you leave the shop till you get back is first rate. Opal is smiling when you get back to greet you! The divemasters I have worked with are very good with english, friendly and thorough with their briefings. If they want to have a few beers after work...... good on them they deserve it. All in all Scuba Mau is a very good dive operation in Cozumel......and this is coming from someone who works in the industry for other shops. Very friendly OP! including the dog!

Be sure to be there for your birthday dives, and let them know in advance. My lame bud did not have his camera out for mine.

Oh brother. There are top rated attractions on TripAdvisor I wouldn't sent my worst enemy to. Hello????? Regrouping are we?

Perhaps they someone should try a fresher marketing strategy!!

I like how the moderator fixed my post with the link, I dont know how to do that stuff. Thanks mod.
Nevertheless, Scubamau tries really hard to satisfy their clients and do whatever it takes to have a great dive experience, and 99.9% seem to have a great time. I feel bad for the .9% that have a negative experience, happens to us all at least once or twice.
I think every dive op on the island tries to satisfy and build a client base.
I am a business owner and my water mark for excellence is high, it has taken me a while to gain high ground and have a most excellent set of crews. I appreciate them. It took a lot of work on my part to do that. Also it has taken a lot of work to reclaim the clients that fell through the cracks, I am grateful to the ones that let me serve them to the fullest.
I have seen great advances at Scubamau over the two years they have been running their own show. I am proud of their tenacity and integrity in staying in the game, it takes big ones to do it and even bigger ones to not listen to the nay sayers , who are for the most part little minds.
It is a most dangerous sport and to take on the responsibility of peoples lives is a scary task to say the least. They take it on and prove their abilities time and time again. With great numbers come amiss. Again a calculated risk in every business. That is why I respect business people so much, not an easy task to serve. That is why I like the dive business owners on the island so much. For the most part they are very friendly to one another and try their best to cooperate in so many areas. But the competition is great.
As my last post(for sure this time:D), I would like to salute the dive shop owners of Cozumel and wish them strong numbers in business and safe returns every dive. I would like to salute the posters for their favorite dive shops, you help the future Coz freaks make decisions easier:D:wink:. kevin

I think the link thing is a product of the "Skimlinks" software that has contributed to several heated discussions elsewhere on SB the last few days. Automatically applies links to certain products and brand names when they appear in Forums that subscribe to Skimlinks. Add a bit of profit to the bottom line of the forum, but is not without detractors.

:clapping:
Scuba Mau is my diver op of choice and despite the large numbers of good dive ops I really think Scuba Mau stands up for their quality, friendliness, willingness to meet almost any need and at a very reasonable price. I have dived with them on my last two vacations and Mau certified my 10 yr old. We will be diving with them in May and August again. Counting the days

Craig

(1) They can clean out your bank account:shocked2: (cause you will be coming back)

(2) They can cause my wife to start kicking and screaming. (when she gets up on the morning we have to leave:()

(3) They and the island will cause you to enter a 12 step program. (We are on our
2nd set of the 12 step program for Cozoholics) Trip number 16 in March. :D First time for Carnaval. Again in June for the Invasion

(4) They really can put the weight on you. (both lead and the fatty type:shakehead:) Recommending places to eat and coooking for us (clients) as well.

(5) You will have the problem of spending to much time on e-mails, facebook etc.. cause of all the new friends you will meet diving with these folks. :coffee:

(6) Problems arise trying to make decisons. Where to eat? Where to dive? Where to have a drink?:popcorn:

And I understand that this type of addiction happens at other places (hotels and dive ops) on the island. But we just choose to attend our therapy sessions :rofl3:with Scuba Mau. Good luck with your recovery whereever you dive and stay.

Just thought I would warn you about our expeiences. Actually our addiction started at Blue Angel but still a long way from recovering.

Dive safe my friend(s)

Back
Top Bottom