Scuba Mau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya! post #41 of this thread. People do take this stuff too serious.
:laughing: Ah that, one - TY. Yeah at times.

Some people get their feathers so easily ruffled , or get their panties in a knot over stuff. I have never understood why some posters get so bitter and dismissive of any who disagree with them. :shakehead: :idk:

I came across the name of the operator in other thread, and began reading this thread, and others as it was related to research for an upcoming trip.

When MagnaBoxer posted his negative review, it was I who asked him to elaborate on his experience. A good way for others to learn what he had objected to. I thought that he did a fair job of laying out what had bothered him and/or disappointed him. He came back to further clarify issues.

Somehow after that the thread deteriorated into a slam and slander fest. :shocked2: :shakehead:

Every one is entitled to express their opinion. We all have different tastes, needs, desires, expectations, and biases. Why do some people just need to jump in and slam, attack, or belittle somebody who's opinion is not in line with their own?

These threads are great research tools, until some yahoo(s) try to turn them into their personal :soapbox: and :flame: fest. :shakehead:

Don, it boils down to comfort zone, Hotel Cozumel and Scuba-Du seem to work for me. Can't help but admire the
passion for diving, and Cozumel on display here.

It is a similar situation for my wife, Laura, and me. She does not dive and so Hotel Cozumel suits her just fine. It has a big pool that she can lie about all day sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them (LOL) while I am out diving, Or, if she wants to, it's a short walk to town to shop. She feels perfectly safe there. And, the staff has always been stellar in their treatment of her (I think the locals are really taken back by cute blue-eyed blondes :wink: )! We actually stayed there when we were married on the island in 2003. That may be a part of her attachment to it!

I have dived with so many operators over the years that I have lost track of all of them. And I have never had a truly awful incident with any of them. I do, however, have my favorites. And, I've already made that known in previous posts. But, like you you say, it all boils down to your "comfort zone" and past experiences.

I encourage everyone to read the experiences of others, sort through all of the opinions and and then just decide for themselves. If they find they aren't happy with the DO or hotel they chose, oh well, try something differrent the next time!..... I mean, after all, once you've been to Cozumel, you will be back again (and again, and again)! Right? :D

It has a big pool that she can lie about all day sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them (LOL) while I am out diving, Or, if she wants to, it's a short walk to town to shop. She feels perfectly safe there. And, the staff has always been stellar in their treatment of her (I think the locals are really taken back by cute blue-eyed blondes )!
Wow, when's your next trip, and what's your diving schedule?:eyebrow::wink:

Just kidding....:rofl3:

Wow, when's your next trip, and what's your diving schedule?:eyebrow::wink:
Just kidding....:rofl3:

Would love to have the opportunity to dive with you sometime! We had actually planned on being in Coz in mid-March (during spring break/ St. Patty's day period). But, when we got to checking on air fair it was well over twice as expensive during that week than before or after! I guess they take advantage of the spring break travelers! :idk:
Then we found out that American Airlines just started direct flight service from DFW to Barbados on December 16. In order to get the business up and running they were/are offering REALLY cheap flights to there right now. We found we could fly directly there after spring break for $298 plus taxes round trip per person! WOW!
We have not been to Barbados, sort of liked the idea of going somewhere different for a change, and the price can't be beat! So, here we go!... Leaving April 30 for 8 days there! :D Additionally, one of my good friends and his wife will be able to go with us then. He loves to deep sea fish and Laura (my wife) will be able to go with him. That will give her something special to enjoy while we are there! It's a win-win for everyone!
I am going to miss diving with the Cozumel group I was with last year :depressed: , but couldn't pass up this deal!
Additionally there is a very serious technical instructor there that I really want to take an IANTD Advanced Wreck Course with. See: Oceansports Technical Diving (Barbados) LTD - Jim Driscoll, LCDR, USCG (Ret)

Would love to have the opportunity to dive with you sometime!
Same here. I have a Coz trip booked for spring break in April. I have a week off in Feb,
and in March, American Airlines owes me a credit of $585, so it won't be long, plus I'm
freezing. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom