Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a UPS email this morning saying import was due and that I could either pay it online or at time of delivery. I paid online and the UPS guy dropped off the box without ringing my doorbell.
You just need to put in the special instructions "Ding Dong Ditch", and they will know what to do.

Can someone speak a little more about the DIR dump valve move? I remember years ago when I did the class, tilting to my right to vent. Are we trying to prevent that need? Any sacrifices to doing that (ie there must be a reason why it's not standard I assume)?

Also, are people swapping the standard Apeks valves for SiTech valves and if so, why?
Can someone speak a little more about the DIR dump valve move? I remember years ago when I did the class, tilting to my right to vent. Are we trying to prevent that need? Any sacrifices to doing that (ie there must be a reason why it's not standard I assume)?
Never mind, I found it on their web site and it makes sense. Looks like the side of the upper arm midway between the tricep and bicep.

Also, are people swapping the standard Apeks valves for SiTech valves and if so, why?

Never mind, I found it on their web site and it makes sense. Looks like the side of the upper arm midway between the tricep and bicep.
Apeks low profile valves were prone to leaking. I had them on my old Santi and have them now on my Seaskin, no problems whatsoever

Let me report my numbers too from earlier this year. Placed my order on Feb 21, suit was send out May 30. It is a pretty basic Nova config plus pee valve and pockets. UPS Greece charged 400 EUR to clear it, for an invoice of 730 GBP (860 EUR at the time). Breakdown looks like 300 EUR import tax and another 100 EUR various handling fees.

Various random ordered questions...

If you want the Rolock dry glove system, I assume you also need to order the SiTech Oval cuff rings?

How much value would you say the "neck warmer" options add?

If a person isn't a tech diver or instructor, would people recommend the flat pockets to keep things more streamlined?

I'm a bit barrel chested, is that the idea behind the longer LP hose option or is it geared towards another reason?

Is there a consensus on YKK vs brass zipper? I would be diving like 4-8 tanks a months if that matters.

Do people get the braces pocket for car keys or do you stow them elsewhere?

Anyone got a good source where I can learn how all this pee valve sluff works?

Thanks!

If you want the Rolock dry glove system, I assume you also need to order the SiTech Oval cuff rings?

If a person isn't a tech diver or instructor, would people recommend the flat pockets to keep things more streamlined?

I'm a bit barrel chested, is that the idea behind the longer LP hose option or is it geared towards another reason?

Is there a consensus on YKK vs brass zipper? I would be diving like 4-8 tanks a months if that matters.

Thanks!
I just ordered a new Nova yesterday, exchange rate 1.14!
I have RoLock sets on both of my suits so I ordered the oval rings to go with what I already have.

I went with the plastic zip, I added a TiZip to my old suit and so much prefer the plastic tip to brass.
I had a simple warm neck on my old suit I did not bother with it this time, it just gets in the way with maintenance and repair.
I got one pocket, large zippered, since I prefer zipper to Velcro.

I don’t get the key pocket because my key is todamn big and I don’t want to risk it getting wet, I bought one of those key safe things and clip it into my pocket.

pee valves :oops:
they are essential, for me, they work fine unless they don’t but once you have a problem just keep peeing and plan on doing laundry.
I use the trigon, super low profile, simple construction and once you learn not to over pressurize it in a fit of paranoid cleaning frenzy it works perfectly.

catheters are the weak link, cut about 70% off of the nipple off to lessen the chance of a kink which will cause back pressure and will often lift the glue away from the little buddies skin, make so short the the barb looks dangerous.

By the way my total with shipping, 810 GBP, less than $950

Yes
None
Better to have and not need it. Considering all the crap you have on you, drag from bigger empty pocket won't influence a lot.
Yes, but standard size works just fine
Some people swear in brass, some in plastic. Personally, after having brass zipper, plastic seems better. NOTE: don't have a lot of dives on it, so can't ascertain how durable it is.
Ziplock bag in case of flooding and then in that pocket. If someone stays on shore, leave it everytime.
It's not hard. Shave your junk or trim it real good. Wash, put condom on, squeeze for about a minute to activate glue, don't forget to prime if not balanced, don't forget to open once in the water. Lexvill already gave some more pointers.
Thanks!

Questioning the need for the elastic waist thing. If it's cut to fit, seems it shouldn't be needed to cinch in extra. Also, the suit is just gonna compress to you underwater anyway so what's the point? Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom