Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know if the aqualung SLT system is compatible (or the same as) with the quick neck system?
Their neoprene neck seal ist lower priced as the waterproof.
I don’t know but I do recall an AL rep giving me a silicone neck seal and his claim that they are the same. It looks right but you won’t know until you try it.

So are you saying the suit would have fit fine with the 250 UG if you had not gained weight after ordering the suit?
One of my buddies ordered one and has gained 15-20lbs since then. His still fits with the 250.

@admikar - I removed the cuff side to clean everything; no better. Hopefully you can open the zip file and watch as I struggle with it.

Hi, did you ever get the system working correctly?

I also experience the same problem with a new Rolock 90 on a new Nova from Seaskin that arrived in December.

Lubricated, and stored cuff twisted on between dives. Twisting off still requires me to wrap both sides in rubber. Prior to dives, it requires a second pair of hands to attach and is extremely difficult to twist off with help.

I believe something is wrong with the cuff o-rings out of the box. It took two people with the cuffs wrapped in rubber to separate the rings out of the box for both cuffs. The o-rings were dry. Lubrication helped a little, but not much.

I have cleaned these, removed excess lube, applied lube.

I believe the o-rings are defective and need to be replaced.

These are not working as a removable system. I wrote the Rolock and Seaskin and will see what they say. Not hard to send new o-rings.

Cheers

Hi, did you ever get the system working correctly?

I also experience the same problem with a new Rolock 90 on a new Nova from Seaskin that arrived in December.

Lubricated, and stored cuff twisted on between dives. Twisting off still requires me to wrap both sides in rubber. Prior to dives, it requires a second pair of hands to attach and is extremely difficult to twist off with help.

I believe something is wrong with the cuff o-rings out of the box. It took two people with the cuffs wrapped in rubber to separate the rings out of the box for both cuffs. The o-rings were dry. Lubrication helped a little, but not much.

I have cleaned these, removed excess lube, applied lube.

I believe the o-rings are defective and need to be replaced.

These are not working as a removable system. I wrote the Rolock and Seaskin and will see what they say. Not hard to send new o-rings.

Cheers
Can you take some pictures?

Can you take some pictures?
My experience is very similar to the video linked to this earlier post:

In fact, to get them to turn as well as the video linked above I tried Cristolube.

I noticed that divegearexpress has o-rings for this system for $5 + shipping. I may try that.

Thanks,

In fact, to get them to turn as well as the video linked above I tried Cristolube.

I noticed that divegearexpress has o-rings for this system for $5 + shipping. I may try that.

Thanks,
Order more to get the most out of your shipping or even free shipping. Perfect time to stock up on replacement hoses and bolt snaps.

Thanks,
Did you use the supplied silicone?

Did you use the supplied silicone?

That reminds me. The silicone they supplied was different then I've seen before? Very thick.

I was kind of surprised that it was in such a crappy container.

That reminds me. The silicone they supplied was different then I've seen before? Very thick.

I was kind of surprised that it was in such a crappy container.
More slippery than 111, less stiff too. I noticed my set getting harder to turn, I had taken to just using what ever was sitting close by, I removed all that I could of the random stuff and used the supplied grease and they damn near turn them selves now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom