Shark attack video *Warning, not for faint hearted!*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirenita

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here is a link to one of the other attacks caught on camera, (there have only ever been 3 to my knowledge). You probably have seen this one on discovery a few times, it's the famous great white attack, it happened about 10 yrs ago, a few hundred miles off the coast of Chile. The girl was a galley cook on a liveaboard, and survived to tell the tale on many chat shows and documentaries!

*** link removed ***

Yikes!! Still, I would love to get in the water with one of those things...preferably in a cage, however.

I remember a video I saw many years ago when I was a kid of a guy who got both legs bitten off. It really left an impression because 20+ years later I can still see the guy being lifted into the boat with two bloody stumps wiggling around like a fish. I wish I could find that video!!! :D

For me, I'd love to dive with one of those wonderful creatures and do it without a cage, so long as nobody is chumming the water to attrack them.

As for the videa, it truly is amazing she survived and my heart goes out to her. She was a prime target for a shark attack, being a surface swimmer.

I still have not heard/seen anything on SCUBA divers being attacked that were not either spear fishing or in chum filled water.

I remember hearing about that attack - you'd think being out in the middle of nowhere would be far enough. When we had swim call in the Navy, everyone would jump over the side wherever we were - we had guys armed with automatic weapons in case sharks showed up, but if something like this shark came up out of the depths, not much would stop that.

I think it is better if I don't look.

dive_addict:
...but i'd still like to see a great white up close before i die!

Unfortunately, I think that's just about the time you WOULD see it.
:sharks:

Quarrior:
I still have not heard/seen anything on SCUBA divers being attacked that were not either spear fishing or in chum filled water.

I saw a clip of a diver getting it from a white. Long time ago (10-15 years) on tv. A crew was doing some filming underwater, and decided to return to the boat when a gang of sharks came to check them out.

In the clip, you can see a woman, one of the film crew, swimming up towards the boat (which you can also see). It was shot by one of the camera men as they were surfacing. Maybe 15' below the surface a H U G E sillouette cruises into the frame and just takes her. Water clouds...end of clip. Apparently, they were able to pull her out and I believe she lived. Torso strike.

I remember it vividly because the fish was gigantic. Reminded me of the opening scene from Star Wars when the mammoth ship fills the screen. Now I'd like to see THAT clip again. Morbid, ain't I?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom