Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacDive allows bluetooth sync with the Shearwater as hazmat has mentioned. Then snap a picture on the divesite thus capturing the metadata (includes GPS coordinates). Then upload to the cloud via the phone. When you get home, open the app (MacDive) and sync. Your data will be there. Import the picture from phone into 2 places: One MacDive and one on desktop. Open the one on desktop, get info --> copy metadata (GPS) which you can then enter into the logbook or MacDive.

I hope this helps.

Even better, if you're using MacDive, enable location tracking and just leave the phone in your bag or something. When you sync the dive computer with the app, you can assign the GPS coordinates that that were tracked to the dives based on timestamp.

Hazmat: How does it know you made a dive? Can you explain a bit more?

Hazmat: How does it know you made a dive? Can you explain a bit more?

The dive computer knows when you made a dive. When you sync it, it uses the date/time from the dive to look in the phone's log to see what your GPS coordinates were at that same date/time.

The dive computer knows when you made a dive. When you sync it, it uses the date/time from the dive to look in the phone's log to see what your GPS coordinates were at that same date/time.

That's neat. Thank you.

Well according to DGX my new Perdix AI is on its way to me, hopefully it will arrive here before the postal work stoppage otherwise known as Turkey Day. If it gets here before the weekend I'll post a review after my dive at Blue Grotto this coming Saturday.

Well according to DGX my new Perdix AI is on its way to me, hopefully it will arrive here before the postal work stoppage otherwise known as Turkey Day. If it gets here before the weekend I'll post a review after my dive at Blue Grotto this coming Saturday.
Looking forward to the review. Please post when you're done with the dive outing.

Congrats! Will be checking the board for your review and user experience.

I am another that will await your review with baited breath.

that is including a transmitter. if you already have an oceanic/aeris/hollis transmitter, you save about 240 dollars.

Is it confirmed the Perdix will work with the Oceanic/Hollis transmitters? I've heard the rumor but nothing confirmed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom