Showing Your Logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankenmuth_tom:
.... I can't fault her for being careful, the liability insurance has to be expensive...

The canadian charter ops are being hit hard with insurance rate increases this year.

What about signed entries when it comes to prereqs for more advanced training? For example, for training requireing a minimum of 100 logged dives w/ 30 >90ft ect ... Do I only get credit for thoose entries that have been signed?

dajmitch:
What about signed entries when it comes to prereqs for more advanced training? For example, for training requireing a minimum of 100 logged dives w/ 30 >90ft ect ... Do I only get credit for thoose entries that have been signed?

But my thinking is if they want to see what I have done take a look at my computer. it is a lot harder to fake that then a log book. Then on the other hand I could have bought it used or let some one else wear it. So where does all of this end up?
If I'm a captain of a boat I see a log book ok has it been forged or I ask to see computers ok is it used or did someone else use it to put the dives on there? Not sure how this is going to work. I know I had to have some prerequsite dive to do my advanced the instructor just looked at my log book and seen that I had logged that many dives and excepted them didnt care that none of them were signed by my buddy or that any of them were signed by the dive operations. That I used. So who is to say.

Back
Top Bottom