Single tank backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You’re on the list.
How tall and what material?

I posted a message on your profile page. I am 6' 200, and my wife is 5'9 and 155. Let us know what size you suggest, it seems from the plate thread that medium? Steel would be my choice since the plate is so light already.

Thanks!

I posted a message on your profile page. I am 6' 200, and my wife is 5'9 and 155. Let us know what size you suggest, it seems from the plate thread that medium? Steel would be my choice since the plate is so light already.

I'm 6'1" w/ 33" inseam, with regular size plate I wonder if I'd like the large one better: I could go with the waist strap an inch lower. It's quite possible that if I tried it, I'd end up sticking with the medium one.

I was tempted, but the tall handle on top would conflict with my KRAKEN!
You could probably cut it off with a dremel or bandsaw or maybe a hacksaw. Given the price, I won't be shy about messing with it if I need to.

Probably right, but since I am confirmed on the list for a freedom contour, I will wait for that instead rather that a plastic one that will lie around my garage.

If i ditch the STA I need to cut slots in the plate, the one i have does not have any slots for bands. And its the same with my wing.

Ah yes that would be problematic. If you cut slots in the BP that will make it lighter. As for slot in the wing. Not an issue as you can get rubber trim pieces and have them sewn in.

I was tempted, but the tall handle on top would conflict with my KRAKEN!

I'm surprised it would be in the way. People were using double-hose regs with the plastic backpacks and most of them have a built-in handle. Is it just this particular plastic backplate that will need the handle removed?

After diving with plastic backpacks for about 45 years before using anything else, I really miss it when there is no handle. I'm always grabbing for it, even when it's not there. I've also used the molded side handles a time or two when I've had to carry a tank for any distance and didn't want it on my back.

Thanks!
I put both of you down for mediums.

Back
Top Bottom