So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like I'm diving Thursday. Yay!

Or not...friend's wife is a kill joy about the social distancing stuff even though we'd observe the 6ft rule.
:(

Wait - you're a gal? :idk:
Yep. S'why drysuit diving makes me nervous. At least in a wetsuit it's easier to wriggle out of to use the toilet when you're back on boat. I do like coldwater diving though and not freezing is good, so I'll be trying to find a drysuit that fits once courses to clear me on drysuit diving open up again. Hips make suit shopping a pain

Yep. S'why drysuit diving makes me nervous. At least in a wetsuit it's easier to wriggle out of to use the toilet when you're back on boat. I do like coldwater diving though and not freezing is good, so I'll be trying to find a drysuit that fits once courses to clear me on drysuit diving open up again. Hips make suit shopping a pain

Haha. Yep, know about that very well. Hips and the girls!

Don't know what agency you take courses through, but why not look into getting book or doing eLearning (whichever you prefer) and do the homework now?

Haha. Yep, know about that very well. Hips and the girls!

Don't know what agency you take courses through, but why not look into getting book or doing eLearning (whichever you prefer) and do the homework now?
I've used PADI, SSI, and TDI. I generally dive through universities that tend to require at least in-person skill checks and tests with the Dive Officer, and all their courses are on hold right now. I have several theoretical books on diving that I've been reading through at least, but I'm waiting until I have a for sure date on the practical skills to sign up, just in case it would get cancelled.

the general population tends to automatically assume that the man always has to be in charge and on top and the woman must always be the passive bottom.

And me thinking that went out of fashion sometime in the 70s.

Oh well.

The canonical quote is the Internet is an object proof that a billion monkeys with typewriters will never produce a single word of Shakespeare. That was said back when "soshal midja" was Usenet and BitchX and we had to bang rocks to make ones and zeroes in the snow against the wind. Facebook just made it much much more obvious is all.
That’s probably true, but before social media many of them would not be aware of each other.

I think nowadays, it is easy to create an alternate news source and to feed fake news. I think some people are much more vocal now since they can find people backing their opinions: it’s not the same to say that there were marginals before and there seems to be more marginals nowadays.

Look at anti-vaxxers, there were an increase in the number of people who didn’t vaccinate their children recently.

You could argue it is not new, but that does not mean either that it is not the current trend: i.e. it could be cyclical.

(I have been around as well before Facebook and the current social media)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom