So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was referring to the back, where if it breaks into sharp little pieces, there's an excellent chance they'll stick into patient's spinal cord etc.
The would tend to mess up someone’s day

20200412_115452_HDR.jpg

A cool, cloudy day made for a nice forty mile ride around the Palos Verdes Peninsula this morning. Lots of folks out enjoying the day, although half of them were wearing masks. Several families were hunting for Easter eggs at Pt. Fermin Park. The ocean was pretty flat. I'm hoping to get in the water Wednesday.

I drove down to Lake Phoenix yesterday morning and went diving. :D The weather was perfect. It was a little cool when I got there at 9, but it felt like it was in the 70s by mid-afternoon. Clearly sky with a few puffy clouds. The water was a lovely 52 degrees. 2 x 1 hour dives, zipping around playing with my new BlackTip scooter felt like a really excellent way to maintain my social distance from everyone else on the planet.

Also, per the findings in the Anti-fog thread that @lowviz started, I was using my new Deep6 Gear mask. I received it a couple of weeks ago. The only things I did to prep it for diving were to run it through my dishwasher (with a Cascade Platinum pod and no heated dry), and then soaked it for 7 days in household ammonia. No toothpaste. No scrubbing. No burning.

Before I got in the water, I squirted some diluted baby shampoo in it, then gave it a couple of quick dunks in the lake water before putting it on and submerging. Not only did it not fog at all, but after I got out I breathed on it 3 times on the inside of the glass and it still didn't fog!

According to the other thread, soaking in ammonia has the effect of hydroxylating the glass, which makes it very resistant to fogging. I did 2 other masks for 2 days each. I used 1 yesterday and 1 last weekend. They also had no fogging at all - and one of them was my most fog-prone mask I own (out of about 15). I am really sold on this new process for treating new masks!

Interesting story. I typed and posted a reply while SB was misbehaving yesterday. My post ended up with three copies. I deleted two, thinking one would be left. To my surprise, no post left. I lost interest in retyping the reply and the above is the result :), pissed me off

Interesting story. I typed and posted a reply while SB was misbehaving yesterday. My post ended up with three copies. I deleted two, thinking one would be left. To my surprise, no post left. I lost interest in retyping the reply and the above is the result :), pissed me off
Why won't you try again now? :poke:

IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0350.jpg
IMG_0344.jpg

I feel like I have become Dr Doolittle, on top of kittens at the lakehouse, a little bird got blown out of a nest at our other house. Mother didn't see me, and I hope the gloves keep her from not taking care of the little guy.

Will be keeping an eye on the little guy.

Kittens are still good, however they have put a damper on my wakeboarding plans

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom