So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting story. I typed and posted a reply while SB was misbehaving yesterday. My post ended up with three copies. I deleted two, thinking one would be left. To my surprise, no post left. I lost interest in retyping the reply and the above is the result :), pissed me off

Empathic to see that even Staff Members are not immune to the vagaries of Scubaboard's APIs

:rofl3:

Some positive news on the job search front! Phone interview on Monday for a global trade compliance job. Very large, well known Chicago area company. Bit of a longer commute, but company has a good reputation. Found position through the IL state jobs search site. Only applied two days ago, so that was moving pretty quick.

Wish me luck!

Some positive news on the job search front! Phone interview on Monday for a global trade compliance job. Very large, well known Chicago area company. Bit of a longer commute, but company has a good reputation. Found position through the IL state jobs search site. Only applied two days ago, so that was moving pretty quick.

Wish me luck!

That is fantastic news!! Good luck!!

DW

New personal record! I rode 82 miles yesterday from Torrance to Zuma Beach. The bike path along the beach is closed by the county so I had to ride all the way there on surface streets. I had two flat tires. :(
Lots of people out enjoying the nice weather. Several surfers were in the water at Big Rock as well as a paddle boarder. At least a dozen people walking on the beach. I saw a lifeguard talking to a woman in a bikini near the Malibu Pier, but didn't see anyone getting tickets.
20200416_084004.jpg

20200416_100947.jpg

20200416_112220.jpg

I was reading through these but I don't think I can go 69 pages. My bit (note: my job continues, though how we do things is different these days):

1.) Just finished a butcher job on the hideously overgrown boxwood bushes out front. Left the piles of trimmings, which not only will serve as mulch, but as a mix of green and brown should also be free compost. Win-win.

2.) Spend time on Quora, an online community with a plethora of different topics inviting input. Whatever you're into, someone is asking about it.

3.) Pulled into accompanying our 7-year old on a bike trail; she's taken to bike riding quickly.

4.) Continue working on annual family Blurb book. This last one is something others might find interesting. A few points:

1.) The software to make the book (BookWright) is free.
2.) A big hard-bound landscape-size image wrap (way better than a dust jacket!) book is expensive, but they e-mail lots of sales - 25, 35, 40%...always wait for 40%, and you can get it for just one book. Don't be fooled with 35% off if you buy 3 or some such; wait them out. 40% Off photo books, even just one, comes out fairly often.
3.) You can add, delete and resize photo and text boxes on the desktop software, but I don't think you can on the web browser-based software. Max. page count with the high quality paper I like is 240 pages.
4.) When you're done with your book and ready to buy, for an extra fee you can have a PDF version generated, with is great to have on hand on a computer or to share with friends and family. This feature is why I use Blurb; I like the resizable insertable clip art and page backgrounds of Mixbook, but I didn't get the PDF or eBook option with Mixbook.

Each year, I make a book. Each month gets one chapter. I use a few pages at the end to put essays and such on topics I think are of enduring value (I'm an old Dad; won't always be around to tell this kid stuff). So, there's Kadence Family 201x each year.

I've made such books in the past covering cruises and dive trips. It's a good way to pull together special times in a sharable form.

If you don't need a PDF or eBook version, I liked Mixbook's approach better; it was browser-based, photos uploaded to their system, I could access and edit it from most anywhere and I opted for a lay-flat book (thick pages!) decorated with clip art and with nice page backgrounds - beautiful work on their part. Expensive!

Richard.

I rode around the peninsula this morning. It's one of my favorite days of the year. The city of Rancho Palos Verdes hires these grass munchers to clear the hillsides before the summer fire season.
20200419_095420.jpg

20200419_095731.jpg

20200419_085401.jpg

Early morning in San Pedro. There are patches of red tide around the peninsula. If I go diving this week I will have to look for a clear spot to anchor.

20200419_092923.jpg

20200419_093724.jpg

We moved our entire dive store online. www.ParagonDiveStore.com other than that planning and waiting until we can get wet again.

I rode around the peninsula this morning. It's one of my favorite days of the year. The city of Rancho Palos Verdes hires these grass munchers to clear the hillsides before the summer fire season.
View attachment 581491

View attachment 581493

View attachment 581494
Early morning in San Pedro. There are patches of red tide around the peninsula. If I go diving this week I will have to look for a clear spot to anchor.

View attachment 581497

View attachment 581498
I really enjoy seeing your scenic bike ride photos. Please keep them coming!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom