So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was able to get out on my bike twice this week. Weather too crappy otherwise.

Started keto Sunday. Lost a few lbs already.

Get to go diving next weekend. Yay! Skills weekend for my tech class.
The weather here was hot mid 90’s and humid, sky was hazy, sweating and sticky. My wife lived in Chicago for a few years and said it was like a typical day there.

The weather here was hot mid 90’s and humid, sky was hazy, sweating and sticky. My wife lived in Chicago for a few years and said it was like a typical day there.

That's summer. We had a hard freeze last night. Got a wee bit of snow. Lakeshore flood warning yesterday as waves were building up the length of Lake Michigan and pounding the shore on the southern end. I much prefer this weather. Cold! 52F right now.

Typical August day. In May we expect snow on the ground tomorrow morning.

That's summer. We had a hard freeze last night. Got a wee bit of snow. Lakeshore flood warning yesterday as waves were building up the length of Lake Michigan and pounding the shore on the southern end. I much prefer this weather. Cold! 52F right now.
I’d dive there in a heartbeat.
I’m a cold water snob myself. I laugh at all the warm water weenies and all the opportunities they miss because they “don’t do” cold water. Good, I guess that means more uncrowded for us.

This one? For Sale - Scubapro Hydros Pro (Pending)

I don't understand. Both post made the same day. What am I missing? You have one for sale because, "I do not dive enough to justify having this amazing and crazy EXPENSIVE BCD just sitting in my closet collecting dust. It needs to go to someone that can and will use it."
I got a super good deal on it, but then the virus hit. I knew I wouldn't use it much so I decided that money in the bank would be better at this point than a super good deal on a BC that I wouldn't use more than 10 times a year.

I went diving at Lake Phoenix again yesterday. 6 times there in the last 2 months.

My rEvo just came back from service, so I was able to verify that it is all good to go. 94 dives on the rEvo now. I am looking forward to my next level of training on that as soon as lockdowns are lifted and I can meet up with my instructor for 4 or 5 days.

And I did my 10th and 11th dives with my new scooter (Dive-X BlackTip). That thing is so fun! Without that, no way I would have had the motivation to go to Lake Phoenix so many times recently.

I'm already at 34 dives so far this calendar year. Exactly 100 dives in the last 12 months. Not counting pool sessions in any of that. I'm pretty happy with that, considering the damper COVID has put on things. And pretty happy that Virginia's lockdown order has still permitted "outdoor activities".

If weather and lockdowns permit, I'm heading down to Myrtle Beach, SC, this coming weekend to do my Technical DPV class on Saturday and dive the Vermillion on Sunday. I cannot WAIT for some salt water!! Fortunately, SC does not have a lockdown order in place now. I will wear my mask, keep my distance from people, and take food to eat. As long as nobody on the boat is a carrier, I should be pretty safe. But, of course, how do you know if they are a carrier and currently asymptomatic? I guess it's a risk - but one I'm willing to take. Hopefully, all the talk about sunlight and heat killing it has some truth to it and being outside, on a boat, will keep the risk low.

I’d dive there in a heartbeat.
I’m a cold water snob myself. I laugh at all the warm water weenies and all the opportunities they miss because they “don’t do” cold water. Good, I guess that means more uncrowded for us.

I’m diving up in WI this coming weekend. Unfortunately, air temps will be high 60s. Ugh. Water temps probably around 40-45. We won’t be going deep though.

I’m diving up in WI this coming weekend. Unfortunately, air temps will be high 60s. Ugh. Water temps probably around 40-45. We won’t be going deep though.

Air temps high 60s? Why is that "ugh"? Too warm, or too cold?

Air temps at Lake Phoenix yesterday were around 60-ish. Maybe low 60s. It was SO nice!

My NERD was showing water temp at 47 on the bottom. I definitely would not have minded if the water was warmer. Well, actually, in the shallower parts it was around 61. That was a lot nicer. But, with air temps like they were, it seemed pretty perfect, to me. In my drysuit with undies for those water temps, I was warm enough to be comfy but not warm enough to be sweating in my drysuit during the surface intervals. Just right!

Too warm. My preferred high temps are 40s and lower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom